Rain Bird 6 Zone Indoor Timer-Rain Sensor w/ 6 Station Module
**Upgrade kit to convert existing ESP Modular into ESP-SMTe. Applies to ESP-Modular Controllers manufactured after April 2005.
Other Smart Sprinkler Timers claim simplicity and precision; the Rain Bird ESP-SMTe Smart Control System delivers. Combining the proven simplicity of the Extra Simple Programming (ESP) controller family with the accuracy of weather-based control, this innovative system can now expand up to 22 zones.
With mounting regulations and severe drought in many regions of the country, the days when water inefficiency was overlooked are gone. The future promises even more restrictions for the irrigation industry. But along with these challenges come oppertunities. Pioneering smart irrigation technology, Rain Bird was the first full-line irrigation manufacturer with a controller to earn the EPA's WaterSense label, ensuring it is at least 20 percent more efficient than non-labeled products.
All Models of the Rain Bird ESP-SMTe controller are EPA WaterSense Approved.
ESP-SMT-4MEI Indoor Controller Features & Benefits
- Instant rainfall shut-off and useable measurement
A smart controller should be smart enough to account for rainfall, right? Not always. In fact, most smart controllers simply suspend irrigation when it rains, without accurately measuring rainfall. By comparison, the ESP-SMTe not only suspends irrigation, it measures instantaneous rainfall amounts, determines the effective rainfall and calculates exactly how much to adjust your watering schedule to prevent over-watering and under-watering.
- The proven accuracy of weather-based scheduling
In designing the ESP-SMTe, we’ve simply reduced the cost and complexity of the weather-based control systems we began pioneering for golf courses over 25 years ago. Drawing on the industry-leading precision of these larger, more sophisticated units, the ESP-SMTe makes Rain Bird weather-based control affordable for homeowners—once and for all.
- Expandable modular design
The Rain Bird ESP-SMTe can grow with your landscape, easily expanding from 4 stations up to 22 stations with the addition of optional hot-swappable expansion modules.
- Zone-specific water calculations
Different plants have different watering requirements. That’s why the ESP-SMTe customizes each zone’s irrigation schedule. It factors in location, soil type, landscape slope, plant type/density, sun exposure, sprinkler type and root-depth requirements. Based on this zone-specific data, the ESP-SMTe controller optimizes the irrigation schedule to promote lush, healthy plant material in each part of your yard, while substantially reducing water waste and runoff.
- User-Friendly Rain Bird Design
Featuring vibrant colors, an intuitive dial and a bright LCD display, the new ESP-Me is easy on the eyes. And with legendary Extra Simple Programming and the Rain Bird reliability you trust, it's the same easy setup, just better.
- Three-year trade warranty
Manuals and Literature
Controller Dimension Specifications
Controller Electrical Specifications
- Width: 10.7 in. (27,2 cm)
- Height: 7.7 in. (19,5 cm)
- Depth: 4.4 in. (11,2 cm)
- Input required: 120 VAC ± 10%, 60Hz
(International models; 230/240 VAC ± 10%, 50/60Hz )
- Output: 25.5 VAC 1A
- Surge Protection: Primary input side has (2) built-in MOV’s (metal oxide varistor) to protect circuitry. Output side has(2) built-in MOV’s for each valve station.
- Power back-up: Lithium coin-cell battery maintains time and date while non-volatile memory maintains the schedule.
- Multi-valve station capacity: Up to two 24VAC, 7VA solenoid valves per station plus a master valve.
- UL, cUL, CE, CSA, C-Tick, FCC Part 15b, WEEE, S-Mark, IP24