The Luxor ZDC lighting controller provides the ability to create a spectrum of 30,000 colors using RGBW LED technology with all the same zoning and dimming features as the Luxor ZD. With the ZDC, custom colors can be created for outdoor holiday displays, team spirit themes, company colors, or special events. Color temperatures can be adjusted to match vegetation and architecture, offering unique landscape looks throughout the year.
Up to now, custom color creation has been possible only through complicated or very expensive systems designed for commercial use. With Luxor, it’s easy to create and manage colors of connected fixtures wirelessly on the fly through the optional Luxor Wi-Fi app. Existing Luxor ZD systems can be upgraded to ZDC simply by replacing the ZD facepack with a ZDC facepack and a few LED components.
M=Paint Matte Gray
* May require longer lead time
** Denotes finish code
- Create up to 250 independently adjustable lighting groups
- Each system can include up to 250 groups
- Compatible with FX LED fixtures or devices containing FX Zoning, Dimming, or Color technology only
Independently turn on and dim (0-100%) each group
- Input hue and saturation settings to generate c
- Create color palette with up to 250 user-saved colors
- Utilizes ZD Technology™ and ZDC Technology™ to allow the controller to communicate with the luminaires
- User interface includes a full color LCD display for easy setup, maintenance and group adjustment
- Uses event-based scheduling, allowing a group of lights to change dimming percentages throughout the night
- Removable facepack capable of remote mounting up to 500’ away (200’ with a Wi-Fi or LAN module installed)
- Simple two-wire configuration for easy installation and adjusting
Address fixtures on the front of the facepack for easy access
- No matter where a light is within a system, it can communicate with the transformer to receive its schedule, intensity, group, and color
- Astronomical timing function with map placement feature
Custom colors are created by combining three factors: hue, saturation, and intensity.
- The hue is represented in the Luxor ZDC numerically from 0 to 359 to pinpoint the position on the color wheel.
- Saturation is a percentage of hue which mixes white light with color, and
can be adjusted in 1% increments between 1 and 100.
- The color palette menu on the Luxor ZDC allows the user to save up to 250 custom colors by simply selecting the desired hue and saturation.
- Choosing a group in the “test group” column activates a specific group with the custom color.
Dimming and Zoning Ability Using Groups
Every FX ZD/ZDC fixture or device attached to the Luxor can now be adjusted throughout the night using groups which are called to action using diming and the exact time you set. With only two wires to connect each fixture nothing changes on setup with Luxor. Communication is sent over the same wires that are used to power each light using any wiring technique you choose.
Astronomical timing is one of the best ways to turn on and off a lighting system without the need of a photocell. At FX we created an easy to use map placement feature to select your location. No more numbers, zip codes, or manuals to read, just point to your location.
Extending The Living Space
A living space changes throughout the night depending on your activity. Using Luxor, you can illuminate a seating area, dining table, or spa at different times of the night or even on different days. Your lighting system should cater to your lifestyle, using Luxor you can create myriads of scenes catered to the person and landscape.
Pre-Set Up Themes
Change a set of groups as one by setting it up as a theme. Adjust it for the seasons, or have setting for when it’s time to have an outdoor movie night. Themes allow quick and easy call up of a set of groups at predetermined intensity levels. A great lighting system has to be maintained throughout the year. Now every project is a living system that can be updated from season to season or as a landscape environment grow.