Febco U765-100 1 in. PVB Backflow Preventer w/ Union Ball Valve Ends
Purchase a backflow device with Union Ball Valve ends for easy installation and un-installation to prepare for the winter.
The FEBCO Series 765 Pressure Vacuum Breakers are used to protect against health hazard and non-health hazard backsiphonage conditions in industrial plants, cooling towers laboratories, laundries, swimming pools and lawn sprinkler systems.
Features & Benefits
- All bronze body for durability. One check valve and an air opening port in one assembly.
- Lightweight poppet seals air opening under minimum flow conditions.
- Simple service procedures. All internal parts serviceable in line from the top of the unit.
- Designed for minimum head loss.
- Engineered plastic bonnet protect valve bodies from freeze damage.
- Optional union end ball valves for easy removal and ultimate freeze protection.
- End Connections – NPT ANSI/ASME B1.20.1
Pressure - Temperature
- Maximum Working Pressure: 150psi (10.3 bar)
- Hydrostatic Test Press: 300psi (20.7 bar)
- Temperature Range: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Approvals - Standards
- Main Valve Body: Bronze
- Elastomers: Nitrile
- Approved by the Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Research at the University of Southern California.
Pressure Vacuum Breaker assemblies should be installed at least 12" (300mm) above the highest piping and outlet downstream of the assembly to preclude backpressure. Assemblies should be installed so they are easily accessible for maintenance, periodic testing, and where discharge will not be objectionable. They should be protected from freezing. If the assemblies are subject to freezing temperatures, the freeze protection procedures outlined in "Service Instruction Freeze Protection Model 765" must be followed. Assemblies must not be installed where backpressure could occur.
The discharge pressure shall be maintained above 3.0psi on Thermal water expansion and/or water hammer down stream of the backflow preventer can cause pressure increases. Excessive pressure should be eliminated to avoid possible damage to the system and assembly.
1/2" - 11/4" (15 - 32mm) sizes and 5.0psi on 11/2"- 2" (40 - 50mm) sizes to insure seating of the spring loaded air inlet poppet.
Manuals and Literature