Febco 850 1-1/2 in. DCA Backflow Preventer
Febco MasterSeries 850 In-Line Design Double Check Valve Assemblies are designed to prevent the backflow of pollutants that are objectionable but not toxic, from entering into the potable water supply. They feature a bronze body and threaded ball valve end connections. Maximum Working Pressure: 175psi.
Features & Benefits
- All non-health hazard (nontoxic) connections including: irrigation systems; fire sprinkler systems; in-plant commercial and industrial plumbing.
- Double check assemblies are not approved for backflow prevention of any toxic substance (liquid; solid; or gas).
- A double check assembly consists of two spring loaded check valves; shut off valves on the inlet and discharge side of the check valves and small test cocks. Check valves allow water to flow in one direction only.
- A 12 inch minimum clearance is recommended under the assembly.
- Maximum Working Pressure: 175 PSI (1200 KPa)
- Hydrostatic Test Pressure: 350 PSI (2400 KPa)
- Temperature Range: 32F to 140F (0C to 60C)
- End Connections: Threaded ANSI B2.1
- Valve Body: Bronze
- Elastomers: Silicone
- Springs: Stainless Steel
WARNING! Irrigation systems supplied by domestic or private potable water systems are considered to be a potential pollution hazard to the water supply. These systems must include protection to prevent possible backflow of irrigation water into the potable water supply.
Federal law requires a proper backflow device to be installed on any watering system to prevent contamination of the supply; whether it be pump or city water. Check your local water authority for installation requirements & codes. In many rural areas; specific requirements for landscape irrigation systems may not be covered in local plumbing codes and/or enforcement may be limited. HOWEVER...limitation in local authority does not alter the basic requirement for protection of the potable water supply.