Read all cautions and directions carefully before using this
product. Contains no lead or other harmful metals and is
safe for use on potable water lines. DO NOT USE on lines
carrying Oxygen, Liquid Sodium, Ketones or Halogens. Do
not store near strong oxidizing agents, acids or extreme heat.
Keep container closed when not in use. DO NOT REUSE
EMPTY CONTAINER. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Refer to material safety data sheet for more information.
For emergency first aid help, call 1-877-740-5015.
|Physical / Chemical Properties
- Appearance: White paste
- Pressure Rating:
- Liquids: 10,000 psi @ -50░ F to 500░ F
- Gases: 3,000 psi @ -50░ F to 400░ F
- Required Dry Time:
- Up to 125 psi, no wait
- Over 125 psi, 4 hours
- Shelf Life:
- 2 years from manufacture date
- VOC Level:
- NSF Standard 61 for potable water
- IAPMO Listed
- FGG/BM System Compatible indicates that this product has been tested, and is monitored on an ongoing basis to assure its chemical compatibility with FlowGuard Gold« water distribution and Blazemaster« fire sprinkler
OATEY 31229 GREAT WHITE PIPE JOINT COMPOUND WITH PTFE or TEFLON (1 FL. OZ.):
Oatey Great White Pipe Joint Compound with PTFE is a non-separating thread sealant compound designed to seal threaded connections against leaks caused by internal pressure. This sealant compound permits a tighter assembly with lower torque, secure permanent sealing of all threaded connections, and allows for easy disassembly without stripping or damaging threads.
- Lubricates and seals all threaded joints
- White, non-hardening, non-separating, non-toxic paste
- Withstands up to 3,000 PSI on gases from -50░ to +400░F, and 10,000 PSI on liquids from -50░ to +500░F
- For use with water, steam, caustics or dilute acid lines of PVC, CPVC, ABS, cycolac, polypropylene, iron, steel or copper
|Directions for Use
Clean all pipe threads. Be sure all joints are free from rust, scale, grease or other contamination. Remove any debris with a clean cloth or wire brush. Stir contents thoroughly and apply evenly to male threads
|Ingredients (CAS Number)
Non-Hazardous: Calcium Carbonate, Hydrocarbon Oils, PTFE, Titanium Dioxide and Clays
- Can be used on lines carrying:
- Acids (dilute)
- Air (compressed)
- Inert Gases
- Ammonia (gas, liquid)
- Nitrogen (gas)
- Soap (liquid)
- Carbon Dioxide
- Castor Oils
- Vegetable Oils
- Water (hot & cold)
- Helium (gas)
- AND MANY MORE!
- Can be used on pipe made of:
- Black Iron
- Stainless Steel
- AND MANY MORE!
Consult Oatey Technical Department for applications not specifically referenced above.