Read all cautions and directions carefully before using this
product. Contains no lead or other harmful metals and is
safe for use on potable water lines. DO NOT USE on lines
carrying Oxygen, Liquid Sodium, Ketones or Halogens. Do
not store near strong oxidizing agents, acids or extreme heat.
Keep container closed when not in use. DO NOT REUSE
EMPTY CONTAINER. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Refer to material safety data sheet for more information.
For emergency first aid help, call 1-877-740-5015.
|Physical / Chemical Properties
- Appearance: Blue paste
- Pressure Rating:
- Liquids: 10,000 psi
- Gases: 3,000 psi
- Temperature Rating: -50° to 400° F
- Required Dry Time:
- Up to 125 psi, no wait
- Over 125 psi, 4 hours
- Shelf Life:
- 2 years from manufacture date
|Listings & Approvals
- NSF Standard 61 for potable water
- Meets C.S.A requirement 4-90
- Working temperature range -40° F to 125° F.
- Max working pressure 125 psi.
- For use with Natural Gas & LP Gases (Vapor State Only).
- Use on Steel, Galvanized Steel, Iron, Brass, Copper, Stainless Steel & Aluminum for pipe sizes up to and including 2".
OATEY 31261 GREAT BLUE PIPE JOINT COMPOUND (4 FL. OZ.):
Oatey Great White Pipe Joint Compound with PTFE is a non-separating thread sealant compound designed to seal threaded connections against leaks caused by internal pressure. This sealant compound permits a tighter assembly with lower torque, secure permanent sealing of all threaded connections and allows for easy disassembly without stripping or damaging threads.
- Flexible blue, non-hardening, non-separating, non-toxic paste, no odor, easy clean-up
- Use on PVC, CPVC, ABS, polyethylene, polypropylene, iron, steel, copper or brass threads up to and including 2"
- Withstands up to 3,000 PSI on gases from -50° to +400°F and 10,000 PSI on liquids from -50° to +500°F
- For use with water, steam, caustics or dilute acid lines of PVC, CPVC, ABS, cycolac, polypropylene, iron, steel or copper
- Lubricates and seals thread on water, natural gas, steam, air lines, caustics and dilute acids
|Directions for Use
Clean all pipe threads. Be sure all joints are free from rust, scale, grease or other contamination. Remove any debris with a clean cloth or wire brush. Stir contents thoroughly and apply evenly to male threads
|Ingredients (CAS Number)
- Hydrocarbon Oils
- Inert Fillers
- Can be used on lines carrying:
- Acids (dilute)
- Air (compressed)
- Hydraulic Oils
- Alkalis (dilute)
- Ammonia (gas, liquid)
- Natural Gas
- Carbon Dioxide
- Vegetable Oils
- Cutting Oils
- Water (hot & cold)
- Diesel Fuel Oil
- AND MANY MORE!
- Can be used on pipe made of:
- Black Iron
- Stainless Steel
- AND MANY MORE!
Consult Oatey Technical Department for applications not specifically referenced above.