PESB-R Series Valves
Durable chlorine-resistant valves for reclaimed water irrigation applications
A true reclaimed water irrigation valve, able to handle chlorine and other chemicals found in reclaimed water systems.
PESB-R Series valves offer long life and efficient, trouble-free performance – even in harsh reclaimed water applications.
Constructed of heavy-duty, glass-filled nylon, these valves resist clogging and feature a patented scrubber to actively fight dirt, algae and other particles from blocking the pilot flow.
Features / Benefits
- Plastic diaphragm and scrubber components molded of chlorine- and chemical-resistant plastic material.
- Durable glass-filled nylon construction for long life and heavy-duty performance at 200 psi (13,80 bars) pressure.
- Stainless steel studs molded into the body. Bonnet can be attached and removed easily without damaging threads.
- One-piece solenoid design with captured plunger and spring for easy servicing. Prevents loss of parts during field service.
- External bleed protects the solenoid ports from debris when system is flushed.
- Internal bleed operates the valve without allowing water into the valve box; allows pressure regulator to be adjusted without turning on the valve at the controller first.
- Slow closing to prevent water hammer and subsequent system damage.
- Scrubber mechanism scrapes stainless steel screen clean to break down grit and plant material.
- Purple flow control handle standard on PESB-R Series valves.
- Five-year trade warranty.
Options (order separately)
- Accommodates optional, field installed PRS-D pressure regulating module to ensure optimum sprinkler performance.
- Accepts latching solenoid for use with Rain Bird battery-operated controllers up to 150 psi (10,35 bars).
Manuals and Literature
- Pressure: 20 to 200 psi (1,38 to 13,80 bars)
- Flow: 0.25 to 200 GPM (0,06 to 45,40 m3/h; 0,02 to 12,60 l/s)
- Flow with PRS-D: 5 to 200 GPM (1,14 to 45,40 m3/h; 0,32 to 12,60 l/s)
- Temperature: up to 150° F (66° C)
- 24 VAC 50/60 Hz (cycles per second) solenoid
- Inrush current: 0.41A (9.9VA)
- Holding current: 0.14A (3.43VA)
- Coil resistance: 30-39 Ohms
The electric remote control valve shall be a normally closed 24 VAC 50/60 cycle solenoid actuated globe pattern design. The valve pressure rating shall not be less than 200 psi (13,80 bars). The valve shall have the following characteristics (circle one): Flow rate: ________ GPM m3/h l/s Pressure loss not to exceed: _______ psi bars The valve body and bonnet shall be constructed of heavy-duty, glass-filled UV resistant nylon and have stainless steel studs and flange nuts. Diaphragm shall be of nylon reinforced EPDM.
The valve shall have both internal and external manual open/close control (internal and external bleed) to manually open and close the valve without electrically energizing the solenoid. The valve's internal bleed shall prevent flooding of the valve box.
The valve shall house a fully-encapsulated, one-piece solenoid. The solenoid shall have a captured plunger with a removable retainer for easy servicing and a leverage handle for easy turning. This 24 VAC 50/60 Hz solenoid shall open with 19.6 volt minimum at 200 psi (13,80 bars). At 24 VAC, average inrush current shall not exceed 0.41 amps. Average holding current shall not exceed 0.28 amps. The valve shall have a brass flow control stem for accurate manual regulation and/or shutoff of outlet flow. The valve must open or close in less than 1 minute at 200 psi (13,80 bars), and less than 30 seconds at 20 psi (1,38 bars).
The PESB-R valve shall have a self-cleaning stainless steel screen designed for use in dirty water applications.
The valve construction shall be such as to provide for all internal parts to be removable from the top of the valve without disturbing the valve installation.
The valve shall have a purple flow control handle to indicate to the user that non-potable water is being used.
Optional Feature Specifications
PRS-D Pressure Regulating Module: 100PESB-R-PRS-D
When so indicated on the design, the 1", 1 1/2" and 2" electric remote control plastic valves shall have a pressure regulating module (PRS-D) capable of regulating outlet pressure between 15 and 100 psi (±3 psi) (1,04 and 6,90 bars (±0,21 bars)). The PRS-D module shall have an adjusting knob for setting pressure, with a pressure indicator scale and Schrader valve connection for monitoring pressure. The pressure shall be adjustable from the PRS-D when the valve is internally manually bled or electrically activated. The valve shall be as manufactured by Rain Bird Corporation, Glendora, California.