Rain Bird ESPLXD Decoder Controller, (Two-Wire) 50 station
Building on the success of the popular ESP-LXM commercial controller, Rain Bird is pleased to introduce the new ESP-LXD controller. The ESP-LXD controller has been designed to maintain the look, feel and ease of programming of the ESP-LXM controller but with an interface to a two-wire path for decoder-based irrigation. The ESP-LXD controller can manage up to 50 stations but can easily be expanded for use with up to 200 stations. Flow Management is also built in to every ESP-LXD controller.
Features & Benefits
Easy to Use
- The ESP-LXD Controller utilizes the Rain Bird� ESP Extra Simple Programming user interface. The dial, switches, and buttons interface, which Rain Bird first introduced in the 1980s, is easy to learn and use and has become a standard controller interface for the irrigation industry. The large LCD display incorporates softkey text labels for the button functions rather than dedicated buttons.
- Easy to Install
- The ESP-LXD Controller has a spacious case and eight lugs for up to four two-wire paths (which are all managed as a single two-wire path) making installation fast and easy. Multiple size wiring knockouts are provided on the bottom and back side of the case to adapt to a wide variety of wiring applications. The door and front panel are removable so the case can be easily mounted to the wall.
- Advanced Features
- From Cycle+Soak� to Contractor Default Program�, the ESP-LXD offers innovative features proven to cut installation expenses, troubleshooting time and water use.
- Unprecedented Flexibility
- A modular design makes the ESP-LXD the perfect fit for a range of large residential and commercial projects�from the straightforward to the most complex.
- 200-Station Capacity
- The ESP-LXD offers the ability to expand from 50 stations to up to 200 stations. So you can handle sites large or small, while stocking fewer controllers and components.
- Built-In Flow Management
- FloManager� ensures you don't overtax your water supply, while Flo-Watch� quickly identifies and isolates high or low flow situations, such as mainline breaks.
- Smart Approved Watermark
- Rain Bird's ESP- LXD controller has received the Smart Approved Watermark. Established in Australia and recognized worldwide, this elite designation identifies products and services that help reduce water use.
Manuals and Literature
Your ESP-LXD controller is linked to decoders in the field by a two-wire path. This path carries voltage and information.
To allow watering, the ESP-LXD sends out a unique signal to one of the decoders on the two-wire path.
The signal instructs that decoder to open the valve.
Because the signal only applies to the decoder and valve at that specific address, no other decoder accepts the instructions.