Rain Bird 1804-RVAN24 4 in. Pop-Up w/ 17-24 ft. Adj. Rotary Nozzle
Rain Bird® R-VAN Adjustable Rotary Nozzles
provide water efficiency and design
flexibility. R-VAN Adjustable Rotary Nozzles
feature rotating stream technology
which uniformly delivers water at a low
precipitation rate, significantly reducing
runoff and erosion. Retrofitting standard
spray nozzles with R-VAN Adjustable Rotary
Nozzles can reduce flow by up to 60% and
improve water efficiency by up to 30%.
Nozzle spray pattern and distance are easily
adjusted by hand with no tools required.
Features for R-VAN24
- Adjust arc and radius without tools
- Color coded for easy identification of
- Low precipitation rate reduces run-off
- Maintains efficient performance at high
operating pressures without misting
- Compatible with all models of Rain Bird
spray bodies in addition to a wide variety
of risers and adapters
- Matched precipitation rates across radius
and arcs simplify the design process
- Installing with Rain Bird 5000 Series
Rotor matched precipitation rate (MPR)
nozzles allows for MPR irrigation designs
from 13’ to 35’ (4,0m to 10,7m)
- Three year trade warranty
Features / Benefits for 1804
- Exclusive co-molded wiper seal features an encased plastic "cage" to provide unmatched resistance to grit, pressure and the environment. Additionally, the pressure-activated, multi-function seal design assures a positive seal without excess flow-by which enables more heads to be installed on the same valve.
- Precision controlled flush at pop-down clears debris from unit, assuring positive stem retraction in all soil types.
- Strong stainless steel spring provides reliable stem retraction.
- Two piece ratchet mechanism on all models allows easy nozzle pattern alignment without tools and provides added durability.
- Pre-installed orange 1800 Pop-Top flush plug blocks debris from entering after flushing. Allows for easy nozzle installation.
- Constructed of time-proven UV-resistant plastic and corrosion resistant stainless steel parts, assuring long product life.
- All sprinkler components are removable from the top without special tools, providing for quick and easy flushing and maintenance of the sprinkler.
- Side and bottom inlets featured on 1806 and 1812 models.
- Five-year trade warranty.
- The R-VAN nozzle shall have a variable
arc that is adjustable without a tool at
specified operating pounds per square
- The R-VAN nozzle shall have a radius that
is adjustable without a tool at specified
operating pounds per square inch (bar).
- The R-VAN nozzle shall have multiple arced
streams and have a matched precipitation
rate of___ in/hr (mm/h).
- The R-VAN nozzle shall have a variable arc
of 45° to 270°.
- The R-VAN nozzle variable arc shall be
capable of covering a ___ foot (meter)
radius at ___ pounds per square inch (bar).
- The R-VAN nozzle shall have a discharge
rate of ___ gallons per minute (l/m).
- The R-VAN nozzle angle of the trajectory
shall vary from 4 to 34 degrees.
- The R-VAN nozzle shall be constructed of
UV-resistant plastic. The protective metal
cap shall be of stainless steel.
- The R-VAN nozzle shall include a
removable .02 x .02 mesh screen to protect
the nozzle against clogging
- The R-VAN nozzle shall have a precipitation
rate matched with Rain Bird 5000 Series
MPR Rotor Nozzles.
- The R-VAN nozzle shall have a 3 year trade
Specifications for 1804
- Spacing: 3 to 24 feet (0.9 to 7.3m)
- 3 to 18 feet with standard Rain Bird Spray Head Nozzles (MPR, VAN, U-Series). 13 to 24 feet with Rain Bird Rotary Nozzles
- Pressure: 15 to 70 psi (1.0 to 4.8 bar).
- Flow-by: 0 at 8 psi (0.6 bar) or greater; 0.10 gpm (0.02 m3/h; 0.36 l/m otherwise.
- Installation: side or bottom inlet.
- Side inlet installation not recommended in freezing climates.
- 1806 and 1812-SAM and SAM-PRS units do not have a side inlet.
Manuals and Literature