Rain Bird ETM-RG Tipping Rain Gauge
Take your ESP-LXD to the next level by adding more features and benefits such as weather based interruption and scheduling, courtesy of the Rain Bird ET Manager (ETM) cartridge. Take full advantage of Rain Bird's own Weather Reach program. No long must you be on site to adjust or program a controller, with ETM you can access the controller remotely, saving you time and money all around! Additionally the ETM software will adjust and adapt with the weather to cut back on the unnecessary use of water. In only a short time the ETM will pay for itself!
A simple addition to your current ESP line controller, you can have the power of remote control and self automation on your side!
Water Savings Benefits
- Save as much as 20 – 50% of the water used by traditional controllers.
- Rainy days mean no irrigation
- Windy days = no irrigation
- Plant specific moisture balances for up to 4 varieties/areas; turf, shrubs, trees, annuals, etc).
- ET Manager Cartridge easily mounts in any ESP-LX Series controller.
- Antenna mounts on NPS nipple.
- Setup Wizard walks user through all key
Water shutoff when watering condition are not optimal. Prevent loss of water as well as lcy sidewalks.
- Upgrade an ESP-LX Series Controller to ET/Weather based irrigation control.
- Modular ET Manager Cartridge snaps into dedicated bay on back of controller faceplate.
- Installs in seconds with no tools.
- Ribbon cable connects ETC-LX cartridge to the controller.
- Antenna cable connects with snap in connector.
- Status LEDs show current status of Communication.
- ETC-LX kit includes ET Manager Cartridge, receiver antenna and manual.
Sensors and Accessories Can be Purchased Separately
ET Manager Cartridge is compatible with the ETM-RG tipping Rain Guage (NOT included) an accessory. Rain Bird's smart rain gauge is built to stand up to all types of conditions. It counts the amount of rain fall and delivers that information to the ET Manager to cutback on run-off from over-watering and avoiding landscape damage. Each gauge includes a 30’ cable.
Manuals and Literature
The ET Manager is the most accurate product of its kind, featuring hourly (not just daily) wireless updates from local precision weather stations. ET Manager technology is based on the Irrigation Association endorsed, ASCE*-standardized ET equation, and includes data from all required climatic variables (solar radiation, temperature, wind, and humidity). An optional onsite rain gauge can further localize the weather data accuracy. With the ET Manager, your irrigation system will always be in tune with the weather.
* American Society of Civil Engineers
Increased watering schedule control means your irrigation system delivers water only when the landscape needs it. Best horticultural practices recommend deep, less-frequent watering. The ET Manager does just that. Through a process known as “Managed Allowed Depletion,” it allows your soil’s moisture balance to reach a user-set moisture level that increases oxygen and promotes deeper, healthier root systems.
Easy Setup and Installation
Installing the unit is simple: Mount it to the wall near your existing controller, connect the controller common wire(s) and enter the simple site-specific information. A one-page step-by-step installation poster and quick user guide allow for quick, convenient installation and setup. In just minutes, ET Manager is ready to receive hourly weather data from the nearest local precision weather stations. ET Manager Scheduler software, included free, makes it easy to program your ET Manager and existing or new controller. Best of all, you get the benefit of comprehensive weather station data without having to install and maintain one onsite.
ET Manager is flexible and works with virtually any existing irrigation controller. Nearly any irrigation configuration – from the smallest residential yard to the largest commercial application – can benefit from ET Manager. Dramatic water savings mean that ET Manager is the smart choice for nearly any non-central control application: state agencies, water districts, universities, schools, parks, commercial buildings, planned communities, homeowner associations, apartment buildings, and more.
Rain Bird Reliability
Rain Bird has been a pioneer in the irrigation industry since 1933. We’re devoted to making your watering system smarter and more efficient. For more than 20 years, Rain Bird weather-based central control systems have used weather data and ET to automate irrigation control. Continuing the pioneering tradition of offering only the highest quality and most reliable solutions, the ET Manager now brings weather-based control to everyone.
How it works!
1. Local weather stations monitor and collect real-time weather data.
2. Signal providers retrieve weather station data automatically via Weather Reach software and a data connection.
3. Each hour, a wireless paging system broadcasts weather data wirelessly to local ET Managers.
4. The ET Manager (ETMi) receives weather data and uses calculated information to determine how much moisture has left the landscape and how much moisture is needed.
5. Compatible with virtually any irrigation controller, the ETMi simply bridges between the controller and irrigation zones (valves) via the common wire.
6. The ETMi allows the controller to distribute water to the irrigation zones when the moisture balance reaches user-set levels. The result, a beautiful, healthy landscape that is nearly maintenance free.