Rain Bird ESP-SM6 6 Station Sprinkler Timer Expansion Module
The Rain Bird ESP Irrigation Controller and Timer was engineered with maximum productivity in mind, therefore saving the consumer money and time.
The Rain Bird ESP-SM6 expansion module is built tough and simply to be an easy and quick means ofexpanding your ESP-4Me Controller. It is "hot-swappable" so it can be installed at anytime without requiring a shutdown or restart, so there is no risk of losing your watering schedules.
This is a MODULE ONLY - Use as an add on to your existing ESP Controller from Rain Bird - Adds 6 stations to your existing Controller. Controller NOT included.
- NEW! 5-year lithium battery (Rain Bird Exclusive) and non-volatile memory; keeps time; date and program schedule in case of power outage.
- Superior surge protection - withstands nearly 3 times higher electrical surges than competitive controllers.
- Rain Bird quality construction and components.
- Fuseless; diagnostic circuit breaker identifies a station with valve or wiring problems and continues to water operable stations.
- Easily expandable from a four station base model to 13 stations with the addition of 3-station modules at installation or in the future. Modules can also be installed in any available slot.
- NEW! Longer station run times add more flexibility for special applications such as drip.
- NEW! Programmable master valve allows pump to operate only as needed; resulting in greater flexibility in controlling the water source.
- NEW! Programmable Delay Between Stations allows additional time between zones for water well recovery or slow closing valves.
- Auxiliary Station can be set to bypass an active sensor to allow watering even if the other stations are disabled or can be set as a normal station.
- 365-day calendar with leap year intelligence means that you can set an "Odd" or "Even" day watering schedule and not worry about changing the date on leap years.
- Four irrigation cycle modes for maximum flexibility and compliance to all major watering restrictions (Custom 7-day calendar; cyclic 1-31 day interval; and odd/even day calendar).
Easier for You:
- Contractor Default Program (Rain Bird Exclusive!) allows retrieval of a default program you save in to memory. Easily replace a schedule that has been altered by the homeowner in seconds.
- Hot swappable modules allow adding more stations without powering down the controller.
- NEW! Improved Ribbon Cable provides better visibility and ease of connection.
- Larger cabinet space provides more room for wiring installation.
- "Valve Test Terminal" allows the installer to test the valve wires during installation to determine the valve that each wire is connected to.
- Spacious heavy-duty cabinet with internal junction box provides lots of room for wiring and eliminates the need to purchase an external j-box for a clean and professional looking installation. Outdoor model comes with key-locking cabinet.
Easier for Your Customers:
- Easy programming: Rain Bird's easy to use Extra Simple Programming style with larger LCD display.
- Time; date and program schedule are stored in case of a power outage.
- Enhanced Diagnostic Feedback alerts the user to conditions when watering is suspended due to an activated sensor; shorted stations or programming errors with a warning light and text message on the LCD.
- Permanent Day off allows the user to set any day of the week as a non-watering day in any program or schedule; making it easy to comply with watering restrictions or other requirements such as weekly lawn care or maintenance.
- Global Season Adjust (0-200%) allows the user to alter the run time of all the valves in every program with the push of a button.
- Dedicated sensor terminals allow the user to easily connect a sensor to the controller for maximum water efficiency.
- Sensor bypass switch allows the user to override an active sensor.
Manuals and Literature
- Number of programs: 6 independent
- Automatic Starts: 4 per program; 12 total
- Station timing: 0 to 6 hours for all stations
- Independent programming schedules:
- Custom (user selects the day of the week to water)
- Odd (watering occurs on only odd days of the month except the 31st and February 29th on a leap year)
- Even (watering occurs on only even days of the month)
- Cyclical (watering occurs between from once a day to once every 31 days)
- Input required: 120 VAC +/- 20%; 60Hz
- Output: 25.5 VAC 1A
- Surge Protection: Primary input side has built in MOV (metal oxide varistor) to protect microcircuitry. Output side has 1 built in MOV for each valve station
- Power back-up: Lithium coin-cell battery maintains time and date while non-volatile memory maintains the schedule
- Multi-valve station capacity: Up to two 24 VAC; 7A solenoid valves per station plus a master valve