TSJ / TSJ-PRS Series Swing Joints
TSJ Series Swing Joints connect ¾” (1,9 cm) and 1” (2,5 cm) sprinklers or quick coupler valves to lateral pipes. This allows for easy adjustment of head to grade to prevent heads or pipes from breaking when run over by equipment.
The Rain Bird Turf Swing Joint with Pressure Regulating System (TSJ-PRS) controls and maintains a preset inlet pressure for rotors with 1" inlets. Pressure regulation right at the rotor gives designers more control over the irrigation system performance than other means of regulation.
In very high pressure or fluctuating pressure situations, the TSJ-PRS ensures optimal droplet size and eliminates misting, resulting in improved uniformity and reduced water consumption. The TSJ-PRS can also be used to provide the same pressure to each rotor on a zone in applications where high flow rates result in significant friction losses or where there are elevation changes.
Features / Benefits
- Unique swept elbow flow characteristics optimize rotor performance.
- Maintain constant pressure at the rotor inlet for improved range of water application.
- Preassembled units save the contractor time and reduce installation costs.
- Excellent structural integrity from the swept elbow design reduces the costs associated with fatiguer elated failures.
- Oversized threaded inlets and large visible stops make hand tightening simple.
- Double O Ring provides extra protection against leaks and keeps threads clean of debris making hand tightening easy.
- The TSJ-PRS combines the great flow characteristics of the Rain Bird turf swing joint with an inline pressure regulating outlet elbow for controlling and maintaining constant pressure right at the rotor inlet.
- Regulation pressures are preset to a nominal value for each TSJ-PRS:
• 45 psi (3,1 Bars) for 3/4" swing joints.
• 70 psi (4,8 Bars) for 1" swing joints.
- Maintains a constant, uniform pressure into the rotor regardless of nozzle used.
- Allows each rotor on a zone to operate at the same pressure, improving consistency and overall system performance.
- Reduces misting, fogging, and other performance problems caused by high pressure.
- Installs quickly and easily, like all Rain Bird turf swing joints.
- Regulator housing is made of PVC that matches the high pressure rating of the Rain Bird turf swing joint and exceeds the pressure rating of rotors.
- Diaphragm is made of a durable fabric reinforced elastomer for long life.
- Porous filter provides atmospheric reference without allowing contamination to enter, enabling the system to be buried in any kind of soil.
- Three-year trade warranty.
Manuals and Literature
- Pressure Rating: 315 psi (21,7 Bars) @ 73° F (22,8° C) per ASTM D3139
- 3/4" joint pressure loss: 0.3 psi at 6 gpm (0.02 bar at 0.4 l/s)
- 1" joint pressure loss: 1.5 psi at 18 gpm; 2.5 psi at 23 gpm (0.1 bar at 1.1 l/s; 0.2 bar at 1.5 l/s)
- 1 1/2" joint pressure loss: 0.5 psi at 40 gpm; 1.6 psi at 70 gpm (0.03 bar at 2.5 l/s; 0.1 bar at 4.4 l/s)
- TSJ-PRS maximum flow: 22 gpm (1.4 l/s)
- The TSJ-PRS is not recommended for use in systems where the pressure in the lateral lines is equal to or less than the nominal regulation pressure, as the increased pressure drop may adversely affect the performance of such systems.
- To reduce the effects of water hammer, Rain Bird recommends flow rates in the supply line not exceed 5 ft/sec (1,5 m/s). The TSJ-PRS is not intended to function as a water hammer prevention device.
- There are no user-serviceable parts inside. The internal spring is under compression. Do not open the PRS unit under any circumstances.