Rain Bird WR2-RFS Wireless Rain/Freeze Sensor Only
Rain and rain/freeze sensors are becoming “must have” components for irrigation systems these days. Rain Bird designed the new WR2 wireless sensor to exceed the standard. With revolutionary features, this sensor saves time, improves system performance and enhances the contractor's reputation as a water management expert.
Reliable signal transmission and other innovations deliver superior responsiveness to rainfall and cold temperatures, while user-friendly features cut installation and programming time in half. Choose your own rainfall set points and save up to 35% on water usage while promoting lush, beautiful landscapes.
Features and Benefits
- Versatile mounting bracket that easily attaches to walls, fences or gutters
- Pair one sensor up to four controller interfaces for cost effective water management on commercial properties
- Quick shut-off suspends irrigation immediately during rain events without need for rainfall accumulation
- Three adjustable low temperature points lets you adapt to environmental and soild conditions
- Overcomes most line-of-sight restrictions and makes it easier to choose a sensor location; improves overall reliability
- Application: suitable for use with 24 VAC controllers (with or without pump start / master valve)
- Electrical rating suitable for use with up to six 24VAC 7VA solenoids plus an additional master valve or pump start that does not exceed 53VA
- Controller Interface Wire: 30” (76 cm) length of #22 gauge (0.64 mm) UV resistant extension wire
- UL, cUL, CE, C-Tick, and WEEE certifications
- FCC approved spread spectrum 2 way radio transceivers with FCC Class B approvals
- Signal transmission distance of 700’ Line of Sight
- Battery life: four or more years under normal operating conditions
- 6 KV surge / lighting protection
Manuals and Literature
Superior Signal Reliability
Signal strength is displayed on the controller interface using familiar cell phone icons. Dual antennas safeguard the system from signal interference by radios, mobile phones, power lines, etc. The WR2 system overcomes most line-of-sight obstructions so you have freedom in locating the sensor. Weather data is updated every 45 seconds to ensure the most reliable communication between sensor and controller.
WR2 Sensor Assembly
- Sensor Length: 5.8” (14.7 cm)
- Attachment Bracket Length: 4.6” (11.7 cm)
- Distance between Mounting Holes: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Horizontal displacement (bracket + fixed ball arm): 5.5” (14.0 cm)
Installs faster with a one-person crew
Rain Bird designed the WR2 so that one person can install it quickly and easily. Signal strength is displayed on both the sensor unit and the controller interface. The sensor’s innovative versatile mounting bracket quickly attaches securely to a gutter or any vertical surface, such as a fence or wall. Three quick steps, and you’re on to your next job.