Toro TWRS Wireless Rain Sensor
No wires. No hassle. Just reliable rain sensing that provides optimum water savings. Toro® innovative wireless technology provides easy to use, advanced features for prompt reaction when it starts to rain. With options for rain or rain/freeze sensing, the TWRS Series can save up to 30% more water than existing disc rain sensors. The patent pending Water Conservation Mode™ turns the RainSensor into a “smart sensor” by allowing the receiver to intelligently extend the controller reset based on settings provided by the user. All sensors can be set for universally Normal-Open or Normally-Closed operation making the TWRS compatible with just about all electronic timers.
Features & Benefits
- Selectable Water Management Modes
Delay resumption of irrigation by intelligently extending beyond mechanical reset time – can save up to 30%* more water.
- Smart Bypass™
Allows for system override at any time and resets automatically.
- Rain/Freeze Combination
Features digital programmable accuracy – a first in the industry – The Freeze shutoff can be set from 35°F to 45°F in 2° increments.
- LCD Display – A First In Wireless Rain Sensors
Provides informative system feedback including outside temperature, and transmitter signal strength and battery life.
- Adjustable Freeze Temperature Set Point
- Reduces Vegetation Damage and Accidents
- Housing material: Weather and UV resistant engineered polymer
- Transmitting range: up to 500’ (line-of-sight) with adjustable antenna
- Sensor: maintenance free hygroscopic disks; adjustable rain sensitivity (1/8” to 3/4”)
- Low battery indicator
- Signal strength indicator/scale
- Rain delay feature that works intelligently with the rain sensor (unlike most controller-based rain delays)
- Fail-safe modes in the event of loss of communications or failed sensor
- Real-time outside temperature displayed on the LCD (TWRFS only)
- Five year easy to replace, standard coin batteries
- Can control multiple receivers/controllers with one sensor transmitter
- Five Year Warranty
- Power: 2 Lithium Cells
- Dimensions: Transmitter: 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" ; Receiver Body: 2" x 4" x 1-3/4"
- Communication Options: 900 MHz DSSS
- Operating Temperature: -20°F to 120°F
- Range: Up to 500' (152 m) line-of-sight
- Wireless: TWRS
- Wired : TRS
- Wireless Rain/ Freeze : TWRFS
Manuals and Literature