WILKINS WKZW3-12-1F 12 INCH WINTERIZER VALVE ASSEMBLY FOR BACKFLOW DEVICES:
The ZW3 is intended for any application where "Through the wall" water control is desired. Primarily intended for irrigation applications, the ZW3 valve provides outdoor access to an indoor water supply via a vandal resistant valve key. Some applications may include:
- System Winterizing
- System repairs
- System isolation
|Features & Benefits
- Inlet: 3/4" FNPT x 1" MNPT
- Outlet: 1" FNPT
- Maximum working pressure 175 PSI
- Maximum working water temp. 140o F
- 3/8" Vandal resistant valve hex key
- Integral rectangular cover plate with mounting with mounting holes
- 1/2" drain and plug
- Fully close the Winterizer shut off with the control key
by turning the key fully clock-wise.
- Remove the 1/2 inch drain plug from the outlet casting.
- Drain the water from the system. Allow for complete air drying of the system piping, and backfl ow preventer.
- If preferred regulated compressed air can be used to
blow down any moisture within the piping system.
- When satisfi ed with the moisture removal from the piping system, re-install the 1/2 inch drain plug into the winterizer valve. This concludes the winterizing
- Drill a 2" diameter hole into the wall and insert the inlet end through the wall.
- Connect the inlet piping to the inlet tailpiece . Allow for
a ball valve or other shut off device to be on the inlet
source side of the Winterizer. When using copper
sweat components for the inlet connection make sure
the Winterizer is fully open by turning the inlet hex with
the control key fully counter clockwise until the key
- Determine the system requirements for the Winterizer. (i.e. Pressure Vacuum Breaker, Reduced Pressure Principle Backflow Preventer or Double Check Backflow Preventer)
- Secure the Winterizer to the wall using the cast
baseplate on the unit. Suggested size of the fasteners is 1/4 inch diameter at 4 each for fastening the corners of baseplate.
- Close the winterizer with the control key by turning the
- Turn on the inlet supply shut-off valve to the Winterizer.
- Slowly open the Winterizer with the control key and
flush the system of any debris.
Make sure that the Winterizer is fully open until the key
Note: The winterizer is not designed to be a throttling control valve. It should be either fully open or fully closed.
For complete instructions, click here.