Hunter PC-400 4 Station Outdoor Modular Sprinkler Timer
- Hunter Pro-C Modular Indoor/Outdoor Controller
- 4 Stations
- Modular Controller
Features & Benefits
The Pro-C has proven to be the most reliable and robust controller in the industry, with the flexibility to expand on demand due to its modular design. When expansion isn't necessary, the fixed 6 and 12 station models offer affordability in a high-end residential controller. Now, the Pro-C will easily accommodate Hunters Solar Sync without additional wiring. The new Solar Sync dial position makes it easy to upgrade and program any Pro-C to smart control. The Hunter Solar Sync is an EPA WaterSense labeled smart device which calculates evapotranspiration (ET) and adjusts Hunter controllers daily based on local weather conditions, resulting in water savings and conservation. The Pro-C and all AC powered Hunter controllers are now EPA WaterSense labeled when paired with the Solar Sync weather sensor.
- Flexible design: Modular model offers 4-16 stations, or choose fixed 6 or 12 station models
- Enclosures:indoor and outdoor plastic
- Independent programs: 3
- Start times per program: 4
- Max. station run time: 6 hours
- Solar Sync dial position: now available with built-in Solar Sync programming for increased installation efficiency
- Solar Sync delay feature: allows adjustments to be postponed for up to 99 days
- Cycle and Soak feature built in: reduces runoff
- Lighting programs built in: allows the ability to add landscape lighting control
- Added knockouts offer additional flexibility
- Programmable rain delay: prevents watering for an extended period as needed
- Non-volatile memory: keeps programs indefinitely without battery backup
- Rain sensor bypass: allows the controller to ignore sensor devices when needed
- One touch manual start and advance: allows user to start or test any station
- Warranty period: 2 years
- Transformer input: 120 VAC or 230 VAC (international model)
- Transformer output (24 VAC): 1 A
- Station output (24 VAC): 0.56 A
- P/MV output (24 VAC): 0.28 A
- Sensor inputs: 1
- Operating temperature: 0° F to 140° F
- CE, UL, cUL, C-tick, FCC
WATERSENSE® SMART WATERING CONTROLLER BY ADDING SOLAR SYNC
By adding a Solar Sync™ to your Hunter controller, it transforms into a smart controller using local weather conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions on the site. A Hunter controller with Solar Sync has been independently proven to have a detailed list of water saving features and has been approved by the EPA as a WaterSense Smart Watering Controller. Click here to learn more about Smart Controllers
EASY RETRIEVE™ MEMORY
A manual back-up utility that stores complete controller scheduling and setup information in back-up memory. This allows the saved watering schedule to be restored at any time. This can be used to set a controller back to its initial settings after tampering or at the beginning of a new season.
AUTOMATIC SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION
Automatic short circuit protection is a feature found in all Hunter AC powered controllers. This feature automatically detects electrical faults, which are typically caused by wiring issues. Only affected stations are skipped, allowing all other stations to water normally as programmed. There are no fuses to blow or internal circuit breakers to trip, so complete irrigation system shutdown is avoided.
The QuickCheck feature makes field wiring issues easy to assess with the push of a button. QuickCheck displays an ERR message when a field wiring short is detected on a particular station number.
SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT: GLOBAL OR AUTOMATIC UPDATES WITH SOLAR SYNC
This feature allows for quick adjustments to irrigation run times through a percentage scale. During peak season, set the seasonal adjustment to 100%. If weather conditions require less water, enter the appropriate percentage value (i.e. 50%) to cut down irrigation run times without the need to adjust each station in the program. This model offers two different ways to use Seasonal Adjustment to reduce water usage: Global and Daily.
Global: The Global option provides a Seasonal Adjustment percentage to all station Run Times on all of the controller's Programs.
Daily: With the addition of a Solar Sync ET Sensor, the controller has the ability to automatically implement daily adjustments based on measured local weather.
DELAY BETWEEN STATIONS
Users can program a delay between stations as the controller advances from one station to the next. This delay can range from a few seconds (to permit slow-closing valves additional time to close) to a much longer period of time (to allow pressure tanks time to recharge), based on user requirements.
The ability to specify which program will be shut down in response to a specific sensor alarm. This allows programs unaffected by the sensor to continue automatic operations.
Day(s) of the week can be programmed OFF in advance, so that irrigation does not occur regardless of program interval schedules. For example, if the gardener mows the lawn on Saturday, the Non-Water Days feature allows Saturday to be programmed OFF, so that watering will not occur.
Installing Station Modules: (Sold Separately)
The Pro-C controller is supplied with a factory-installed base module for up to 4 stations. Additional modules may be added in increments of 3 stations (PCM-300) or a single 9-station (PCM-900) to expand the controller’s station capability to 16 stations. Additional modules are sold separately.
The Pro-C utilizes automatic module recognition firmware to identify when PCM modules are installed or removed from the controller. This feature will recognize the correct number of stations without having to reset or cycle power to the controller
Installing PCM Modules
The Pro-C controller is designed with a simple to use "Power Lock" feature that assures that the modules are energized and firmly secured into the controller. The "Power Lock" can unlock or lock all modules at one time by simply pushing the "Power Lock" slide.
- Slide the "Power Lock" into the "Power Off" (unlocked) position. Insert the PCM modules into the appropriate sequential position in the controller cabinet.
- Once all of the modules are in place, slide the "Power Lock" into the "Power On" (locked) position to energize and secure the modules into the controller.
- The Pro-C will automatically recognize the correct number of stations. It is not necessary to press the reset button or cycle power to the controller.
Related Articles & Videos
- How To Program An Irrigation Controller/Timer
- Items To Consider Adding To The Irrigation Controller
- How To Add Modules To A Modular Irrigation Controller
- Types Of Weather Sensors For Irrigation Controllers
- Different Types Of Rain Sensors For Irrigation Controllers
over 2 years ago
over 2 years ago
I use these exclusively. A very dependable unit.
3 months ago
1 year ago
over 2 years ago
over 3 years ago
1 year ago
11 months ago
If you change from run to manual and then back to run the system will the only run as you had originally programmed it, You do not loose the programming set by changing to manual.ten to run
You can run the system manually for example if you wanted to trouble shoot a problem or water between scheduled cycles.
It's a 120 volt system with battery back up for the memory only
It works very well for me
It is expandable for more zones if needed
It's very adjustable for seasonal changes
It has solar sync and rain sensors optional
It's easy to install
Easy to run and understand how to operate
Highly recommend this unit
I believe the only difference between the two is
The indoor has an external transformer
That needs to be plugged in inside the house and run a low voltage wire to the controller
The outdoor version takes 110 volts directly into the controller
The transformer is built inside the controller
All controls are sealed from the weather inside a weather tight box with a lock and key
Excellent unit 5 stars
If this does not work, manual watering is usually explained in the user manual.
We found other products you might like!
- on sale $144.76$189.59you save 24%Sku:PC-407
- on sale $127.44$177.72you save 28%Sku:PC-407I
- on sale $218.88$350.25you save 38%Sku:PC-413
- on sale $201.56$338.38you save 40%Sku:PC-413I
- on sale $252.89$399.59you save 37%Sku:PC-416
- on sale $235.57$387.72you save 39%Sku:PC-416I
- on sale $93.43$128.38you save 27%Sku:PC-400I