Features & Benefits
- Easily removable knock-• outs simplify pipe placement and reduce installation time. Six large knock-outs on the ends accommodate up to 5.0" diameter pipe and 12 knock-outs on the sides accommodate up to 3.0" diameter pipe.
- Rain Bird's VB Series Valve Boxes combine strength and stability with unique features that save contractors time and money
- Available in multiple sizes and shapes to provide the right fit for any application
- Wide flange bases and corrugated sides protect valves by offering maximum durability, compression strength and stability under heavy loads
- Body only
- Double-locking lid
- Body is made from 100 percent recycled materials, making them earth-friendly and LEED compliant.
- Pipe-hole knockouts designed to fit with most pipe configurations are built into the sides of the valve box for easy pipe placement with little need for time-consuming, tedious cutting.
- The knockouts can be slid back into place to keep backfill dirt from entering the valve box.
- For larger and deeper applications, valve box extension models and bottom-to-bottom stacking and interlocking capabilities provide installation flexibility.
Valve boxes shall be used as durable, rigid
enclosures for valves or other irrigation
system components requiring subsurface
protection for installation or maintenance.
The valve box shall be made of structural
foam HDPE resin that is resistant to UV light,
weather, moisture and chemical action
Valve box body shall be composed of
100% recycled HDPE.
The maxi jumbo rectangular body shall have
knock-outs molded into the sides that can be
readily removed. The knock-outs shall remain
an integral part of the body unless removed
to run pipes or wires through the valve box.
The valve box shall have corrugated sides.
The valve box shall have a grooved feature
on one side, just below the lid at the top
of the box, for inserting a shovel blade or
other prying tool to provide easy lid removal.
This is useful following compaction of
the surrounding soil or after the eventual
accumulation of thatch over the valve box.
Boxes shall have a stepped feature on the
bottom that securely interlocks two boxes
together when mated bottom-to-bottom for
use in a deep installation.
Lids shall have beveled edges to minimize
potential damage from lawn equipment.
Lids shall be clearly marked with the words
“Irrigation Control Valve” molded onto the
top. Lids shall have a marking area measuring
at least 6.0" by 2.0" that is suitable for
branding or other means of identification.
The locking bolt, washer and clip shall be
made of stainless steel.
The valve box shall be manufactured by
Rain Bird Corporation, Glendora, California.