Rain Bird 1804-RVAN18 4 in. Pop-Up w/ 13-18 ft. Adj. Rotary Nozzle
Rain Bird® R-VAN Adjustable Rotary Nozzles provide water efficiency and design flexibility. R-VAN Adjustable Rotary Nozzles feature rotating stream technology which uniformly delivers water at a low precipitation rate, significantly reducing runoff and erosion.
Retrofitting standard spray nozzles with R-VAN Adjustable Rotary Nozzles can reduce flow by up to 60% and improve water efficiency by up to 30%. Nozzle spray pattern and distance are easily adjusted by hand with no tools required.
Thick wind-resistant streams ensure efficient performance in adverse real world conditions. R-VAN’s large water droplets cut through the wind so water stays in the target zone without misting or fogging. An exclusive manual flush feature keeps nozzles clear of dirt and debris even in extreme conditions.
Features for R-VAN18
- 13-18 ft adjustable pattern rotary nozzle
- Adjust arc and radius without tools
- Color coded for easy identification of R-VAN model
- Multiple, rotating streams uniformly distribute water throughout the radius range
- Low precipitation rate reduces run-off and erosion
- Maintains efficient performance at high operating pressures without misting or fogging
- Compatible with all models of Rain Bird spray bodies in addition to a wide variety of risers and adapters
- Matched precipitation rates across radius and arcs simplify the design process
- With approximately 60% less flow than conventional spray nozzles, Rotary Nozzles allow more heads per zone, reducing overall system complexity and cost
Specifications for R-VAN18
- Pressure Range: 30 to 55 psi (2,1 to 3,8 bar)
- Recommended Operating Pressure: 45 psi (3,1 bar)
- Spacing: 13’ to 18'
- Adjustments: Arc and radius should be adjusted while water is running
Features / Benefits for 1804
- Exclusive co-molded wiper seal features an encased plastic "cage" to provide unmatched resistance to grit, pressure and the environment. Additionally, the pressure-activated, multi-function seal design assures a positive seal without excess flow-by which enables more heads to be installed on the same valve.
- Precision controlled flush at pop-down clears debris from unit, assuring positive stem retraction in all soil types.
- Strong stainless steel spring provides reliable stem retraction.
- Two piece ratchet mechanism on all models allows easy nozzle pattern alignment without tools and provides added durability.
- Pre-installed orange 1800 Pop-Top flush plug blocks debris from entering after flushing. Allows for easy nozzle installation.
- Constructed of time-proven UV-resistant plastic and corrosion resistant stainless steel parts, assuring long product life.
- All sprinkler components are removable from the top without special tools, providing for quick and easy flushing and maintenance of the sprinkler.
- Side and bottom inlets featured on 1806 and 1812 models.
- Five-year trade warranty.
Specifications for 1804
- Spacing: 3 to 24 feet (0.9 to 7.3m)
- 3 to 18 feet with standard Rain Bird Spray Head Nozzles (MPR, VAN, U-Series). 13 to 24 feet with Rain Bird Rotary Nozzles
- Pressure: 15 to 70 psi (1.0 to 4.8 bar).
- Flow-by: 0 at 8 psi (0.6 bar) or greater; 0.10 gpm (0.02 m3/h; 0.36 l/m otherwise.
- Installation: side or bottom inlet.
- Side inlet installation not recommended in freezing climates.
- 1806 and 1812-SAM and SAM-PRS units do not have a side inlet.
Manuals and Literature