TBOS-BT Bluetooth, Battery-Operated Irrigation Controller
Commercial Control for Battery-Powered Systems
The TBOS-BT 9V Battery Controller provides commercial-level irrigation control that you can program with your smartphone via the free Rain Bird mobile app. Install the controller in street and highway medians, roundabouts, or anywhere you need irrigation control but do not have AC power.
The vandal-proof case makes it ideal for public or high foot traffic areas. With the Rain Bird app you can create flexible schedules that automatically adjust for the season and have multiple programs and start times.
Program With a Smartphone
- Use free Rain Bird mobile app and Bluetooth connection to program controller
- Set run times to automatically adjust by month
- Check controller battery life with Rain Bird App
Seasonal Adjust: Automatically adjusts station run times for each month
- Master Valve: Extra support for stations that require a back-up to minimize water leaks or need extra water pressure
- Street and highway medians, roundabouts, retrofit and construction sites, or in vandal-prone areas
- Helps provide temporary irrigation to qualify project for LEED points
- Run-time from 1 minute to 12 hours in 1-minute increments
- Basic programming includes 3 independent programs with flexible days cycles including custom even, odd, odd-31 and 1-6 day program cycles for maximum flexibility
- 8 start times per program per day
- Independent station operation allows simultaneous start times or sequential start times based on system hydraulic capacity
- TBOS potted latching solenoid is compatible with all Rain Bird valves in the DV, DVF, ASVF, PGA, PEB, PESB, GB, EFB-CP, BPE and BPES series
- The TBOS solenoid adapters will adapt the potted latching solenoid for use in retrofit applications with non-Rain Bird valves such as Irritrol® (Hardie/Richdel) and Buckner® valves or Champion® and Superior® valve actuators
Backwardly compatible with the TBOS-II Field Transmitter
Three-year trade warranty
TBOS-BT Control Module
- In order to control a TBOS-BT Control Module you must use the Rain Bird app or a TBOS II Field Transmitter, TBOS-BT Control Modules are not compatible with the TBOS I Field Transmitter.
- Available in 4 models: 1, 2, 4 and 6 stations.
- Operates one valve per station.
- Station timing: 1 minute to 12 hours in 1-minute increments with a 365-day calendar. Stations can be assigned to multiple programs.
- Active sensor connection accommodates Rain Bird® RSD-BEx Rain Sensor
- Operates with only one 9V alkaline battery (Energizer™ and Duracell™ are recommended) type 6 AM6 (international standard) or 6LR61 (European standard); battery not included.
- Battery life is approximately one year with a high-quality 9V alkaline battery.
- IP-68 rated waterproof case for reliable operation under water
- Control Module Dimensions:
- Width: 3.8" (9,5 cm)
- Height: 5.1" (13,0 cm)
- Depth: 2" (5,3 cm)
- Weight: 17.64 ounces (500g)
- Maximum Wire run between the module and solenoid:
Wire Size (AWG) Maximum Distance
18 AWG (0.75 mm2) 32 ft (10 m)
16 AWG (1.5 mm2) 100 ft (30 m)
TBOS Potted Latching Solenoid
- Two 18 gauge (0,75mm2) wires are supplied: 23.6 inches (60 cm) long.
- Fits Rain Bird valves: DV, DVF, ASVF, PGA, PEB, PESB, GB, EFB-CP, BPE and BPES series.
- 150 psi (10 bar) maximum operating pressure.
- Latching Solenoid Dimensions:
- Width: 1.4" (4,0 cm)
- Height: 2.4" (6,0 cm)
- Depth: 1.5" (4,2 cm)
TBOS Solenoid Adapters
- Easy to install.
- Black adapter for plastic valves allow the TBOS potted latching solenoid to be used with selected Irritrol (Hardie/Richdel) and Buckner valves.
- Brown adapter for brass valves allow the TBOS potted latching solenoid to be used with selected Champion and Superior valve actuators.