- The Model ZWFR should be installed on the downstream test
cock or downstream attached piping of any backflow device
installed above ground where freezing is a concern.
NOTICE: If the Model ZWFR is installed on a test cock, the
test cock must be left in the open position to allow the ZWFR
to function properly.
- The device is best suited to be installed in the vertical down
position, but may also be installed at any orientation up to
horizontal. Orientations above horizontal may cause an ice
dam during operation and impair valve function.
- The device is not intended to replace the standard winteriza-
- WARNING: Under freezing conditions the Model ZWFR will
discharge water from the outlet port. Provisions must be
made to insure that discharge will not damage surrounding
property or equipment.
- Ideal for regions where occasional/unexpected freezes occur, yet winterization (flushout) is not common
- Compact size and shape allow for ease of installation
- Hassle Free design requires no periodic maintenance, and can be used with all major brands of backflow preventer
- Ideally suited for double-check and RP assemblies, vacuum breakers, and detector assemblies on large backflow products