B09D Digital Hose End Timer
- DIG Digital Hose End Timer
- 1 Zone
- Max Station Run Time: 12 Hours
The B09D 3/4" in. Digital Hose End Timer, one in DIG's newest range of hose end timers, offers simplified programming and improved monitoring of battery power with less current, resulting in longer battery life with reliable operation. With higher flow rates at lower inlet pressures and a range of programming features, the B09B delivers a reliable and cost-effective solution for residential use. The timer has four start times per day with durations from 1 minute to 12 hours 59 minutes in an operating flow range of .5 to 6.3 gallons per minute, allowing use in a wide range of applications including drip irrigation or micro sprinkler systems connected to a garden hose or faucet/spigot. It uses one 9-volt alkaline battery that can last for over a year.
Features & Benefits
- 3/4" in. FHT inlet and MHT outlet
- Easy programming using six buttons and large LCD display
- AM / PM clock
- Watering duration from 1 minute to 12 hours 59 minutes in 1 minute intervals
- Seven day watering calendar
- Four start times per day
- Preset program of five minutes watering every day
- Electronic battery monitoring that provides constant reading of battery strength
- Five part battery strength indication: 4, 3, 2, 1 bar and then flashing one bar on close down
- Low battery auto lock out to ensure that the timer valve will not open unless it can close
- Low energy use (less than 20 micro amps in standby mode) ensures long battery life
- Easy manual operations using Start and Stop buttons
- Rain mode easily accessed by holding the OFF key for three seconds
- High water flow at normal water pressures
- Operates on low water flow of less than 0.5 GPM
- High strength female hose thread connection with easy removal via spring clip
- 3/4" in. FHT inlet with screen and MHT outlet
- Powered by one 9-volt alkaline battery with a battery life up to one year
- Weather resistant
- Three year limited warranty
- Operating pressure 10 PSI to 80 PSI (0.6 – 5.5 Bar)
- Flow rate up to 6.3 GPM at 30 PSI (24 L/PM at 2 Bar)
- Temperature range: 40°F to 125° F (3° C to 50° C)
- Power source: 9-volt alkaline battery (not included)
- Solenoid: durable electric motor
- Power consumption: 20 micro amps in standby mode
- Materials: body ABS, and inner parts of high-impact plastic
- Dimensions: 6" in. D X 4" in. W x 6.5" in. H ( 15.2 cm X 10.0 cm X 16.2 cm)
- Watering duration from 1 minute up to 12 hours and 59 minutes
- Duration can be set in one minute increments
- Watering frequency: can be programmed in a seven-day watering calendar
- In weekly schedule the controller can be programmed to operate on any days of the week such as Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Related Articles & Videos
- Step By Step Drip Irrigation System Installation Guide
- Drip Irrigation Benefits & How It Works
- Drip Irrigation Tubing Basics
- Emitter – Different Types And Functions Of Emitters
- Residential Large Landscape Area
failed to close at the end of the selected time cycle. So,
the suggestion is to watch them carefully. I now close the
water supply valve at the end of each day. The last such
failure cost me just under $100.
over 2 years ago
I would definitely recommend this timer.
1 year ago
over 2 years ago
1 year ago
over 2 years ago
Ball valve or diaphram?
replaced promptly. If the battery is not replaced, it will then suspend the program."
To answer your question...the unit PIVOTS on the coupling. This can be helpful to reading the display. Sometimes, if the sun is in just the right position, it reflects off the sight glass and back to your eyes...when this happens, you cannot read the display. However...all you need to do is step a little to one side and roll the unit towards you to read it just fine. The display itself is clearly readable...similar to a casio digital watch I guess is the best way to describe it. If you can read a digital watch on your wrist...you should be able to read this display with no problem at all.
I have been extremely happy with this unit....seriously....very dependable. My battery lasted throughout the year, and this year, I will change it out...just to not have the worry....but I could possibly continue using the same battery. The unit has been reliable, and fairly robust. Clearly it is plastic...and as with all plastic parts, you want to not overtighten...or use tools to tighten....and with the gaskets provided, it is leak-free and positive valve action on and off.
The item that I purchased allows you to water one station, at multiple times for multiple lengths of time.
If I read your question correctly, you want to have two zones watered. You could water both zones from one timer...if you purchase a "Y" connector to branch two hoses off the end of the timer. However, this would clearly water both zones, at the same times for the same chosen duration.
If you needed separate watering times for each zone, then you would have to place the "Y connector" before the timers...and place one timer on each branch of the Y, and then connect each zone to a separate timer.
I am not aware of a timer that waters separate zones from one timer...there may be one out there, but I'm not familiar with it. I'm sure you have considered this option. Clearly you would have to look at your supply requirement and find out if the volume /pressure of your two zones would be satisfied through the single point timer, or if you need to split them, in order to provide sufficient volume/pressure to each.
I purchased the DIG BO9D providing four start times per day, which allowed different watering times, and different days of watering (or all days)....lots of options, and up to 6.3 gallons per minute. I have used it for a complete season, and it is reliable, consistent and the timer was within a few seconds after months of use. All on a single 9Volt battery. Completely waterproof....I like it. I'm watering two separate areas simultaneously..by branching off below the timer...and have had good results. Hope this helps.
Set the duration time to one minute.
Set each of the 4 start times you want the timer to begin.
Make certain all days of the week are,selected.
Set the current time.
Turn on the water....you're good to go.
2. How do you handle warranty issues if I end up purchasing DIG B09D?
We found other products you might like!
- on sale $43.95$89.83you save 51%Sku:EVO-100
- on sale $44.98$59.99you save 25%Sku:BOHE-BT
- on sale $54.80$80.98you save 32%Sku:SWB09D
- on sale $16.98$31.01you save 45%Sku:SW9000