Hunter ECO-MAT Drip Mat 32" X 295'
Designed to suit a variety of hard-to-irrigate areas, the Eco-Mat uses a specifically engineered combination of inline emitter tubing and fleece, which evenly disperses water from under the surface. Eco-Mat consists of Hunterâ€™s specialized fleece wrapped inline emitter tubing (Eco-Wrap), attached to specialized fleece. Eco-Mat is then installed in the soil to be irrigated, directly under the plant material. When water is emitted, the Eco-Wrap fills and in turn, saturates the Eco-Mat. The Eco-Mat not only makes subsurface drip a viable solution, it makes it a great one. Since thereâ€™s never water on the surface, high-traffic turf areas in places like amusement parks, city parks, and commercial complexes can be used all day without the need to budget time for overhead irrigation or worry about vandalism.
The Eco-Mat is also proven to be a highly efficient solution for green roof irrigation. Green roofs use specially engineered soils or growing media that allow for drainage at a much higher rate than natural soil. It is difficult to grow plants in this kind of growing media because it holds very little water. The Eco-Mat provides water to 100% of the irrigated area and holds 1/2 gallon of water in every square yard of mat. When the Eco-Mat is saturated, it provides a reservoir of water from which the plants can draw.
- 32" in. width x 295' length
- Recommended for use with all Hunter Drip Zone Control Kits
- Pressure compensating, check valve emitters
- Operating pressure 15 to 50 PSI
- Compatible with 17 mm insert barb fittings
- Recommended filtration 120 mesh
- Recommended installation depth range 4" in. to 12" in.
- Fleece irrigation mat with fleece-wrapped PLD tubing (ECO-MAT)
- Fleece-wrapped PLD tubing (PLD-ESD)
- Pressure compensating/check valve emitter
- 0.6 GPH emitter
- Water holding capacity of .5 gallon per square yard
- 12" emitter spacing, 14" row spacing
Because of common problems like irregular distribution, the capillary rate of soils, and root intrusion into drip emitters, typical subsurface irrigation with bare emitter tubing is seldom regarded as a viable solution.
Eco-Mat not only makes subsurface drip a viable solution, it makes it a great one. And it solves all of these traditional problems with efficiency-minded innovations. Here's how it works The Eco-Mat consists of Hunter's fleece wrapped inline emitter tubing (PLD-ESD), mounted on top of specialized fleece. Eco-Mat is then installed in the soil to be irrigated, directly under the plant material. When water is emitted, the PLD-ESD fills and in turn saturates the Eco-Mat. Each square meter of mat can hold up to two litres of water. With Eco-Mat covering the entire area, water is always available to all the roots, accelerating the capillary effect of the soil. A world of new possibilities Where legislation has restricted overhead irrigation, Eco-Mat is the answer. Since there's never water on the surface, high-traffic public turf areas can be used all day with no need to worry about vandalism or damage. And because the Eco-Mat can be customized to fit any area, even the oddest shaped designs and most unique rooftops can grow healthy plants and grass.
- Landscaping in arid and semi-arid climates, where water conservation is crucial
- Sites with municipal above-ground irrigation restrictions
- Border and median landscapes of roads and avenues
- Rooftop greening systems, especially in warm climates
- Sloped areas, significant undulation
- Oddly shaped areas Water Usage Benefits
- No water loss due to wind
- Minimal water lost through evaporation
- Almost 100% even water distribution
- No run-off
- Ability to water any time of day Vegetation Growth Benefits
- Water supplied directly at the roots means deeper, healthier roots
- Possible supplementation with liquid fertilizer
- Increased water storage capacity of soil
- Reduction of soil erosion and improved vegetation greening
- No stagnant water
- Enhanced soil capillary action
- Uniform amounts of water provided to all mat areas Practical Benefits
- Reduced risk of component damage during maintenance
- Turf can be watered and used at the same time
- Eliminates risk of vandalism, especially in high-traffic public areas
Is it in stock?