Hunter SOLARSYNC Wired Rain Freeze and Sun Sensor with Module
The Solar Sync ET sensor is an advanced weather sensor that calculates evapotranspiration (ET) and adjusts Hunter controllers daily based on local weather conditions. Solar Sync measures sunlight and temperature and uses ET to determine the correct seasonal adjustment percentage value to send to the controller. The controller then uses its programmed run time and adjusts to Solar Sync's seasonal adjustment value to modify the actual irrigation runtime for that day. In addition, the Solar Sync ET sensor integrates Hunter's popular Rain-Clik and Freeze-Clik sensors providing quick response in shutting down your irrigation system during rain and/or freezing conditions. The Solar Sync is compatible with most Hunter controllers and applicable to residences, businesses, and municipalities alike.
- A - Solar radiation sensor
- B - Rain-Clik ring
- C - Vents
- D - Quick Response
- Provides automated daily adjustment to program run times
- Wired and wireless models available
- No Water Window programming available (except X-Core)
- Rain and freeze shutoff
- Gutter mount bracket included
- Warranty period: 5 years (10-year battery warranty for wireless model)
- Maximum distance sensor to the module: 200 ft. (wired model) or 800 ft. (wireless model)
- 40 ft. of wire included in the kit (wired model)
- Solar Sync and Wireless Solar Sync compatible with Pro-C and PCC controllers
- Solar Sync Sensor and Wireless Solar Sync Sensor are compatible with X-Core, I-Core, and ACC controllers
- Rain and Freeze sensor shutdown capability included in the sensor
- Approval: FCC, CE
Hunter warrants these for 5 years. There is a date stamp on both pieces. Mine were dated for the year 2014. Will Sprinkler Warehouse cover the warranty on mine?
5 months ago
over 7 years ago
There is a battery, however. It is a CR2032 used as a non-volatile memory and timer back-up. The expected lifetime of it is 10 years.
I prefer the in ground moisture sensors from rainbird. I was able to install them all in series to prevent overwatering.
solarsync to be wonderful, but would like to know for sure whether the landscape company is misinformed, or if solarsync does operate via sattelite. Thank you kindly, Micki Terra
Mine has done just what I expected it do do whenever it has started raining a significant amount before or during an irrigation cycle, which is to shut down the system.
Is this product be used instead of a et system? I have a pro -c controller with a wired sensor now. Do I just remove my current rain sensor and hookup this product?