Hunter SOLARSYNCSEN Wired Rain Freeze and Sun Sensor
The Solar Sync ET sensor is an advanced weather sensor that calculates evapotranspiration (ET) and adjusts Hunter controllers daily based on local weather conditions. Solar Sync measures sunlight and temperature, and uses ET to determine the correct seasonal adjustment percentage value to send to the controller. The controller then uses its programmed run time and adjusts to Solar Sync's seasonal adjustment value to modify the actual irrigation run time for that day. In addition, the Solar Sync ET sensor integrates Hunter's popular Rain-Clik and Freeze-Clik sensors providing quick response in shutting down your irrigation system during rain and/or freezing conditions. The Solar Sync is compatible with most Hunter controllers and applicable to residences, businesses, and municipalities alike.
- Provides automated daily adjustment to program run times
- Wired and wireless models available
- No Water Window programming available (except X-Core)
- Rain and freeze shutoff
- Gutter mount bracket included
- Warranty period: 5 years (10 year battery warranty for wireless model)
- Maximum distance sensor to module: 200 ft. (wired model) or 800 ft. (wireless model)
- 40 ft. of wire included in kit (wired model)
- Solar Sync and Wireless Solar Sync compatible with Pro-C and PCC controllers
- Solar Sync Sensor and Wireless Solar Sync Sensor are compatible with X-Core, I-Core and ACC controllers
- Rain and Freeze sensor shutdown capability included in sensor
- Approval: FCC, CE
1 year ago
3 weeks ago
Still, even if the RainClik uses a twisted pair, the fact that the SOLARSYNCSEN only needs a straight pair means you should be able to re-use the wiring.
Be sure to solder and heat shrink the splice for a trouble free install.
My experience? Ridiculously simple to install. Simply read "ALL" the instructions, and see how the default settings work for you. If you want to fine tune the device, its a little tricky at first, but refer to the instructions and see how your adjustments have worked for you, over a few days.
Three of the best features....It turns the system off if it starts raining, it simulates ground moisture and helps avoid overwatering, and it shuts down if freezing temperatures are approaching.
Hope this helps,
We found other products you might like!