Hunter Wind-Clik Wired Sprinkler Wind Sensor
Look at any sprinkler's performance chart and you'll see that the data was gathered from tests conducted under zero wind conditions. Of course, in the real world, not every day is a calm one. And, while most sprinklers can still perform close to peak efficiency with some type of breeze, when air movement starts to get stronger, water coverage can become challenging. It can even become a liability issue when windblown sprinklers soak pedestrian paths or roadways. The Hunter Wind-Clik saves water and enhances system efficiency by shutting off irrigation during high wind conditions. Once conditions have improved, Wind Clik resets the system and resumes irrigation.
- Adjusts to activate and reset at various wind speeds
- Two types of operation: normally open or normally closed wiring
- Warranty period: 5 years
- Works with fountain systems to eliminate overspray in windy conditions
- Switch rating: 24 VAC, 5 A maximum Wind speed adjustment: Actuation speed: 12 to 35 mph, Reset speed: 8 to 24 mph
- Mounts: Slip fits over 2" PVC pipe or attaches to 1/2 " conduit with adapter (supplied with unit)
I use my wind clik to switch a 24V dc signal to a controller that closes my greenhouse vents when the signal is switched by high winds.