Hunter WSSSEN Wireless Solar Sync Sensor and Receiver Only
- Type: Sun Sensor
- Sensor Connection: Wireless
- Range: 800 ft line of sight from sensor to receiver
Features & Benefits
Wireless Solar Sync for use with ACC, I-Core, new Pro-C 400/PCC Series, and X-Core controllers. Includes Wireless Solar Sync Sensor and a wireless receiver. Wireless full kit with Sensor and Module. Compatible with Hunter Pro-C, PCC, ICC and I-Core Controllers / Timers. The Solar Sync continually gathers on-site solar and temperature data used in the calculation of evapotranspiration (ET), then determines watering requirements.
The Module automatically calculates water requirements and makes adjustments taking into account your regional weather characteristics. Air temperature is monitored and used to calculate watering requirements. Too hot? Solar Sync knows to be efficient and waters your lawn as needed. Freezing morning? Keep those mittens off, because below 37 degrees F, Solar Sync smartly waits for warmer temperatures. Passing showers require a sensor that can react quickly. The built-in "Quick Response" feature does just that. For soaking showers, the adjustable Rain-Clik sensor ensures your lawn isn't watered unnecessarily. Let the sunshine in. The solar sensor measures the sun's rays to keep your lawn at peak performance with optimal watering.
- Provides automated daily adjustment to program run times
- Wired and wireless models available
- No Water Window programming available (except X-Core)
- Rain and freeze shutoff
- Gutter mount bracket included
- Warranty period: 5 years (10 year battery warranty for wireless model)
- Maximum distance sensor to module: 200 ft. (wired model) or 800 ft. (wireless model)
- 40 ft. of wire included in kit (wired model)
- Solar Sync and Wireless Solar Sync compatible with Pro-C and PCC controllers
- Solar Sync Sensor and Wireless Solar Sync Sensor are compatible with X-Core, I-Core, and ACC controllers
- Rain and Freeze sensor shutdown capability included in sensor
- Approval: FCC, CE
Choosing the Sensor Location
Note: Place the Solar Sync sensor where it can receive full sun.
over 4 years ago
8 months ago
6 months ago
over 4 years ago
And the process to replace it through the warranty is not efficient
over 2 years ago
The Receiver is powered through your sprinkler controller.
If your controller is compatible, then this is the kit that will convert your controller to system that will be adjusting watering times based on environmental conditions. It will also prevent watering during the rain and some period after rain depending on how much rain the lawn got during the rain.
You plug the wifi module to your controller, mount the sensor in place where it receives the maximum amount of sunshine during the whole day and you are in business.
In essence this system will save you money and in my experience it is well worth to have. You may also be eligible for monetary refund from your water company. Just call them and ask if they have discount for installation of evapotranspiration irrigation systems.
It has worked fine from sep 07 to sep 14.
We found other products you might like!
- on sale $82.95$126.00you save 34%Sku:XC-600i
- on sale $147.98$189.96you save 22%Sku:PCC1200i
- on sale $166.98$218.79you save 24%Sku:PCC1200
- on sale $72.95$108.49you save 33%Sku:XC-400i