Irritrol CL-W1 Wireless Climate Logic Weather Sensor
For simple, water saving, weather-following, automatic irrigation control, Irritrol introduces the Climate Logic weather system. Consisting of three components; a wireless transmitting weather sensor for installation outdoors, a receiver module to attach to the Irritrol controller, and an SD card with the 40 year, average, historical, weather information by zip code (or LAT/LON), the system monitors weather data, transmits them to the module then alters the controller's watering time to follow the weather. As for compatibility, the Climate Logic weather system works with the Rain Dial-R, the Total Control-R, KwikDial, and MC-E (blue) version 5.02 or later controllers. These controllers, installed with CLIMATE LOGIC, proved in official testing, they meet the criteria for the EPA WaterSense label.
- A - Weather Sensor Test Pin - Pressed to simulate rain sensor operation and test communication.
- B – Rain Sensor Adjustment Cap - Adjusts Rain Sensor threshold to a nominal setting of 1/8" inc., 1/4" inc., 1/2" inc. or 3/4" inc. (3 mm, 6 mm, 12 mm or 19 mm) of accumulated rainfall.
- C – Solar Collector - Collects and measures solar radiation. Requires full exposure to sunlight.
- D – Battery Compartment - the factory-installed 9V-Alkaline battery can sustain normal Weather Sensor operations up to five years.
- E – QuickClipTM Mounting Bracket - Convenient QuickClip mounting bracket provides quick and easy Weather Sensor installation.
- F – Temperature Sensor (not shown)
- G – RF Transmission LED (not shown)
- H – Antenna Wire
- Built in radios, for easy, wireless installation with less labor than wired systems
- Temperature sensor for monitoring air temp, shuts system off in cold weather
- Rain sensor, adjustable for amount of precipitation to shut off system
- Solar sensor, monitors the amount of the landscape site's sun exposure
- Receiver module, converts today's data from the weather sensor to percent of the hottest month's watering time to apply and appropriately alters the controller's water budget
- Optional handheld remote control, uses the same receiver module. Climate Logic owners do not need to purchase a separate receiver.
- 1,000 line of sight signal range
- Compatible with the following Irritrol controllers, Rain Dial-R series and earlier Rain Dial (Blue), Total Control-R series and Kwik Dial Series (with adapter cable CMR-ADP)
- New generation MC-E (blue) version 5.02 or later
- One weather sensor can communicate with multiple receiver modules