Irritrol RFS1000 Wireless Rain/Freeze Sensor Plus
Taking water management to the next level, the proven Irritrol® RainSensor™ Series makes watering in the rain a mistake of the past. The reliable wireless and wired rain sensors conserve water by preventing irrigation during or after sufficient rainfall, while the wireless rain/freeze sensor also helps reduce vegetation damage and icing conditions when the temperature drops below a predetermined set point. With its compact design and host of convenient features, the RainSensor Series is the perfect complement to any standard controller.
- A - Spindle: Press down and hold to manually test transmitter operation.
- B - Rainfall Adjustment Cap: Adjusts the Sensor/Transmitter to signal the receiver when the accumulated rainfall reaches 1/8" (3mm), 1/4" in. (6mm), 1/2" in. (12mm) or 3/4" in. (19mm).
- C - Vent Ring: Adjust "dry-out" rate.
- D - Universal Mounting Bracket with Quick-ClipTM: Simplifies installation on rain gutter, or roof eaves, fences, etc. Sensor/Transmitter adjusts easily to the vertical position.
- E - Conduit Adapter: Alternative mounting option for conduit mount.
- F - Antenna Wire: Straighten downward for maximum range.
- Wireless models require less labor for the installer
- Constant communication between transmitter & receiver assures that even after a controller power outage, the controller is continually updated with the sensor's "wet" or "dry" status
- Versatile mounting options requires no special tools - Quick-Clip gutter bracket and 1/2" conduit adapter included
- Signal strength indicator ensures correct installation, communication link and signal integrity (wireless models)
- Smart Bypass for easy system override allows for temporary deactivation while automatically resetting on next activation (wireless models)
- Fully adjustable shutoff points from From 1/8" to 3/4" (3-19mm) of accumulated rainfall
- Dry-out rate adjustment for reset delay allows for setting the ideal dryout time
- Patented Wireless Technology unsurpassed by the competition
- Receiver power: 22-28 VAC/VDC, 100mA (to be used with Class 2, UL-approved ( transformer)
- Load rating: normally open or normally closed
- UL Listed, FCC, CE, IC
- Sensor type: industry-standard hygroscopic discs
- Rain sensitivity: adjustable nominal 1/8" to 3/4" (3-19mm)
- Operating temperature: -20 degrees F to 120 degrees F (-29 degrees C to 49 degrees C)
- Housing material: UV-resistant engineered polymer
- Wireless only features: Transmission range: over 300 feet (91,4m) line of sight, Battery: Two CR2032 3V cells, 5-year life (typical)
- Transmitter: Height: 1-1/2" (3,8cm), Width: 1-3/4" (4,4cm), Depth: 3-3/4"(9,5cm)
- Receiver: Height: 1-1/2" (3,8cm), Width: 1" (2,5cm), Depth: 3" (7,6mm)
There should be wiring diagrams in the box - there were with mine - to show you how to connect the receiver to the control box.