Toro TWRS Wireless Rain Sensor
No wires. No hassle. Just reliable rain sensing that provides optimum water savings. Toro innovative wireless technology provides easy to use, advanced features for the prompt reaction when it starts to rain. With options for rain or rain/freeze sensing, the TWRS Series can save up to 30% more water than existing disc rain sensors. The patent-pending Water Conservation Mode turns the RainSensor into a smart sensor by allowing the receiver to intelligently extend the controller reset based on settings provided by the user. All sensors can be set for universally Normal-Open or Normally-Closed operation making the TWRS compatible with just about all electronic timers.
Diagram Details One
- A – Setup Button–Accesses the sensor system operating features.
- B – Adjust Button–Scrolls through and selects settings within the system operating features.
- C – Mast Antenna–Adjusts easily for best signal reception.
- D – Digital Display–High-resolution LCD screen provides visual reference for sensor system operating features.
- E – Sensor Status Indicators–Illuminates when sensor system is active and automatic watering is on hold. Flashes when sensor is active but has been bypassed to enable automatic watering.
- F – Smart BypassTM Button–Multi-functional use. Pressed to bypass sensor operation, allowing automatic watering to resume. Switches the Water Delay feature on and off.
- G – Water Conservation LEDs–Indicate the Water Conservation feature level selected (Minimum, Medium or Maximum).
- H – Hinged Cover–Opens downward for receiver control access. Closed position protects receiver when installed outdoors.
Diagram Details Two
- A – Rain Threshold Adjustment–Adjusts the rain sensor to accumulate 1/8" in., 1/4" in., 1/2" in. or 3/4" in. (3mm, 6mm,12mm or 19mm) of rainfall before signaling the receiver to hold watering. (Factory default setting 1/4" in. (6mm).
- B – Sensor Test Spindle–Pressed to manually activate the sensor for setup and test procedures.
- C – Batteries (not shown)–Two 3V lithium batteries, installed at time of manufacture, will provide approximately five years of service under normal use conditions.
- D – Antenna–Positioned downward for maximum signal transmission strength.
- E – Pipe-mount Adapter–Replaces Quick Clip mounting bracket to enable installation on 1/2" in. (13mm) diameter Schedule 40 PVC pipe.
- F – Quick ClipTM Mounting Bracket–Simplifies sensor module installation. Adjustable pivot point for easy vertical alignment.
- Selectable Water Management Modes: Delay resumption of irrigation by intelligently extending beyond mechanical reset time can save up to 30%* more water.
- Smart Bypass: Allows for system override at any time and resets automatically.
- Rain/Freeze Combination: Features digital programmable accuracy a first in the industry. The Freeze shutoff can be set from 35 degrees F to 45 degrees F in 2 degree increments.
- LCD Display A First In Wireless Rain Sensors: Provides informative system feedback including outside temperature, and transmitter signal strength and battery life.
- Adjustable Freeze Temperature Set Point
- Reduces Vegetation Damage and Accidents
- Housing material: Weather and UV resistant engineered polymer
- Transmitting range: up to 500' (line-of-sight) with adjustable antenna
- Sensor: maintenance free hygroscopic disks; adjustable rain sensitivity (1/8" to 3/4")
- Low battery indicator
- Signal strength indicator/scale
- Rain delay feature that works intelligently with the rain sensor (unlike most controller-based rain delays)
- Fail-safe modes in the event of loss of communications or failed sensor
- Real-time outside temperature displayed on the LCD (TWRFS only)
- Five year easy to replace, standard coin batteries
- Can control multiple receivers/controllers with one sensor transmitter
- Five Year Warranty
- Power: 2 Lithium Cells
- Dimensions: Transmitter: 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" ; Receiver Body: 2" x 4" x 1-3/4"
- Communication Options: 900 MHz DSSS
- Operating Temperature: -20 degree F to 120 degree F
- Range: Up to 500' (152 m) line-of-sight
- Wireless: TWRS
- Wired : TRS
- Wireless Rain/ Freeze : TWRFS
We found other products you might like!
- on sale $301.98$458.87you save 34%Sku:TCC-P9
- on sale $472.00$718.22you save 34%Sku:TCC-P18
- on sale $320.00$486.17you save 34%Sku:TCC-P12
- on sale $385.00$562.87you save 32%Sku:TCC-P15