Weathermatic SL1600 4 Zone Base Controller
- Weathermatic SMARTLINE Indoor/Outdoor Controller
- 4 Station (4-zone base model controller expandable to 16 zones)
- Modular Controller
Features & Benefits
- 4-zone base model, expandable to 16 zones using SLM4 4-zone hot-swappable modules (Indoor/Outdoor rated)
- Internal 120VAC/230VAC transformer with plug and play pre-installed 6' line cord (removable for conduit-wired installations)
- Large backlit LCD display
- 2 run modes: Standard mode runs user input zone run times; Auto Adjust mode requires SLW Series On-Site Weather Station to calculate weather based run times that override user input zone run times
- Rain/Freeze sensor bypass/active button located on face panel displays sensor status with tri-color LEDs (red indicates sensor is prohibiting irrigation; orange indicates an extended rain delay after weather station rain sensor permits irrigation; green indicates normal operation)
- 4 programs: A, B, C; program D can operate concurrently
- 8 start times per program
- Nonvolatile memory and real time clock/calendar circuit to retain programs as well as correct date and time - with no battery required
- Zone run times settable from 1 min. to 9 hrs. 55 min. with operation countdown displayed in hours, minutes, and seconds (zone run times overridden by weather based calculated values in Auto Adjust mode)
- Watering day selections of custom days of the week, odd/even, or interval days
- Omit settings: omit time of day window, omit day(s) of week, and omit up to 7 calendar dates
- Seasonal % adjust by program, by month for simple year round water budgeting (monthly percentages overridden in Auto Adjust mode)
- Input: 120 VAC/60Hz @ 400m for 3 valves
- Output: 28 VAC, 1.0A maximum
- Fuse: 1.0A, slow blow
- Dimensions: 9-1/8" W x 10-1/2" H x 4" D (23,2 cm x 25,7 cm x 10,2 cm)
Auto Adjust Features
- ZIP Code input (5 digit) or Latitude input (+/-60 degrees from EQUATOR) establish location of site for solar radiation calculation
- Sprinkler type input allows selection for zone sprinkler type (SPRAY, ROTOR, DRIP, BUBBLER) with preset precipitation rate or specific input of the zone precipitation rate (.2 - 3.0" per hour)
- Plant type input allows selection for zone plant type (COOL TURF, WARM TURF, SHRUBS, ANNUALS, TREES, NATIVE) with preset crop factors or specific input of the zone crop factor (10 - 300%)
- Soil type input allows selection for the soil type (CLAY, SAND, LOAM) and slope (0 - 25 degrees) for the purpose of automatically calculating a run/soak period to virtually eliminate run off
- More/Less is settable by zone (-50% to +25%) for the purpose of fine tuning Auto Adjust run times to accommodate factors like shade, wind, and sprinkler inefficiencies
- Fault review displays all faults, including open and shorted zones
- Diagnostic test function using on-board multi-meter displays transformer voltage; milliamp measurement for each zone
- Built-in valve locator function for locating hidden valves by simply listening for the audible chatter of the solenoid created by a unique electrical frequency (patent pending)
- Review menu displays accumulated ET deficits by zone (in inches) and corresponding zone run times for the next available watering day
- Review menu displays maximum run time and minimum soak time used during Auto Adjust mode
- Review menu displays temperature readings (daily high/low) for previous 5 days
- Review menu accumulates total run times by zone from the last reset date
- Rain delay of 1 - 7 days may be selected (to pause and automatically resume operation)
- SLW Weather Station extended rain delay programmable from 0 - 99 hours
- Run/Soak cycles allow setting of maximum run time and minimum soak time by program for use in Standard mode only
- Zone-to-zone delay programmable for 1 min. - 3 hrs. to accommodate slow closing valves and recharging of water supply
- Master valve timing sequence with zone-valve programmable by "On Delay" (1 sec. - 1 min.; 2 sec. default) and "Off Delay" (1 sec. - 3 min.; 5 sec. default) to allow for line fill and slow-closing valves
- Master valve/pump start operation assignable On/Off by zone
- Clear program function to selectively delete an individual program
- Clear all function to delete all programs
Irrigate From Anywhere, Upgrade with SmartLink*
Imagine having immediate access to every element of your irrigation system from inspections, to repairs and water usage. With the SmartLink Cloud-based Landscape Network, you and your landscape professional will have unprecedented control and visibility over your entire system. Now your landscape professionals are capable of making a simple programming change, monitoring the health of the system, or even being alerted if a problem occurs. They can instantly shut down your system in an emergency and help you comply immediately with local watering restrictions, avoiding costly fines.*Note: Wifi features require the SmartLink (Sold Separately) Images not to scale.
Build Your SmartLink Network*
You can now expand your SmartLine controller to maximize water savings, improve efficiency and improve landscape beauty. After ensuring you have the modules to accommodate all your zones, add an on-site Weather Sensor that takes into account rain and freeze, but also adjusts for temperature and other conditions that impact the need for supplemental watering. Adding the SmartLink aircard gives you reliable cellular connectivity and access to the SmartLink web application so you can program your controller and manage it from from your computer, tablet or smartphone. This capability also includes water use reporting so you get real-time visibility to the dramatic water savings from Smart irrigation and email alerts for indications of any issues that will impact water savings and landscape beauty.
*Note: Accessories Sold Separately
Related Articles & Videos
- How To Program An Irrigation Controller/Timer
- Items To Consider Adding To The Irrigation Controller
- Types Of Weather Sensors For Irrigation Controllers
- Different Types Of Rain Sensors For Irrigation Controllers
- Save Water Without Sacrificing A Beautiful Lawn
- 9 Ways to Prevent Water Waste
- How To Add Modules To A Modular Irrigation Controller
over 6 years ago
over 2 years ago
over 2 years ago
2 months ago
3 months ago
3 months ago
If you unplug your Weathermatic SL1600, then plug it back in, you will see that it remembers your settings.
There are other Weathermatic controllers that do use a 9V battery (e.g. the models that check on the weather forecast) but they are the more complex models.
When you buy the timer, it comes with 1 expansion module already pre-installed. Therefore, you get 4-zones right of the bat. But you can add up to 3 more (for a total of 4) expansion modules in this timer giving you a total of 16 available stations.
Installation of each expansion module is simple and takes about 30 seconds. The wiring to add the stations into the timer takes much longer.
Or if you would rather have the controller turn off automatically next time, the addition of an RFS-5 Wireless Rain and Freeze sensor will solve that problem for you.
The SLW5 and SLW1 also have a built in rain sensor.
Then turn system back to run if you still have a problem try to use manual run if a zone does not come on then there is another problem also is this is an existing system and it has a rain sensor the sensor could be bad
Also, when installing a 2-Wire system make sure to use ground / lightening protection every 500 feet along the wire path using the SLGDT.
The fee is $199 per year for a normal subscription, or $320 per year if you choose the flow capable aircard.
Most proven smart / connected controller on the market!
Thanks for asking!
Hope that helps!!
To reset your SL1600:
A total reset will clear all programming data in the SmartLine
controller. All settings will return to factory defaults.
• Turn dial to Advanced Menu
• While pressing the UP button, use an open paper clip or
ballpoint pen to push in the Reset switch located on the
back of the operating panel. Release the reset button
while continuing to press and hold the UP button
• Once the display shows CLEARING, release the UP
• Reprogram SmartLine controller
We found other products you might like!
- on sale $731.25$1,565.29you save 53%Sku:SL1600-1YR-BUNDLE
- on sale $674.18$2,058.93you save 67%Sku:SL1600-1YR-FLOW-BUNDLE
- on sale $880.33$1,794.96you save 51%Sku:SL1608-1YR-BUNDLE
- on sale $1,029.41$2,024.64you save 49%Sku:SL1612-1YR-BUNDLE
- on sale $1,178.49$2,254.32you save 48%Sku:SL1616-1YR-BUNDLE
- on sale $800.11$2,299.97you save 65%Sku:SL1616-1YR-FLOW-BUNDLE