Underground Communication Cable Armored + Shielded Wire 16 AWG
This specification covers requirements for an underground shielded cable designed to transmit and receive signals between irrigation satellites, central computers, weather stations, and sensors. The cable utilizes stranded insulated conductors, aluminum shield and drain wire to minimize electrical, magnetic, and radio frequency interference. The cable is listed by UL or ETL or CSA.
- Insulation: PVC
- Shielding: .00235" aluminum/mylar tape helically applied
- Cable Assembly: The insulated conductors and the drain wire are twisted together with a 3" maximum lay
- Jacket: Black Polyethylene, sunlight and moisture resistant.
- Conductors: Stranded soft annealed tin coated copper conforming to ICEA S-56-434.
- Roundness: Cable to be round and smooth with no convolutions.
- Drain Wire: A tinned copper drain wire is laid in under the shield in contact with the aluminum side.
- Color Coding: Pair 1 - Red and Black Pair 2 - Blue and Orange
- Surface Printing: Paige electric P7171D listing agency and number 18AWG 2PR shielded 30V sprinkler systems wire and/or underground low energy circuit RoHS country of origin. Sequential footing every 2”
- Compatible with Hunter Control Systems, Weather Stations, and sensor circuits.