DIG 1/2" Black Polyethylene Tubing (.600 ID x .700 OD) (60 PSI) (100')
- 100 feet
- 1/2" Tubing (.600 ID x .700 OD)
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 60 PSI
Features & Benefits
DIG's ™ premium quality 1/2" Black Polyethylene Tubing (.600 ID x .700 OD) is available in lengths of 100'. The poly drip tubing commonly referred to as drip irrigation tubing, blank tubing, distribution tubing. PE tubing or drip hose is used as the primary drip irrigation installation supply line, into which micro tubing, drip emitters, drip line, or micro sprinklers are attached to deliver water to the plant areas. DIG's™ durable drip irrigation tubing is made with Dow 7510, low-density polyethylene resin material with a minimum of 2%+ Carbon Black for extra resistance to the damaging effects of ultraviolet rays. DIG poly drip tubing exhibits a combination of outstanding environmental stress-cracking resistance and burst strength to meet every demand of drip irrigation system installations above or below grade.
About DIG Poly Drip Tubing
DIG .700 OD poly drip tubing is generally is used as the main lateral or the supply line to deliver water to the plant area in a drip irrigation system installation in commercial, residential or agricultural applications. The poly drip tubing may be installed above the ground and covered with mulch to blend with the landscape or below grade.
DIG .700 OD poly drip tubing is available in 100', 200™, 500™ and 1000' and it is manufactured with Dow 7510 polyethylene resin and includes 2%+ Carbon Black for extra resistance to ultraviolet rays. DIG's ™ premium poly drip tubing dimension is .600 ID x .700 OD, a universally accepted size used in drip irrigation installations. The poly drip irrigation tubing size can vary by manufacturer, with some having larger or smaller ID and OD, and each size may display different flow characteristics
Poly Drip Tubing Installation Notes:
- Before you start, we highly recommend that you make a sketch of the garden or site with a detailed layout, mapping out the location of the poly drip tubing and micro tubing, the length of the drip tubing and the watering devices selected. This will make it easier to maintain the system at each new season or when expanding.
- Before unrolling the poly drip tubing from the inside or outside, depending on the type of coil used, leave it out in direct sunlight to warm it up. This will make it easier to work with.
- if the poly drip tubing is used in a below-grade installation, we suggest digging a six to eight-inch deep trench, to keep the poly drip tubing at a safe distance from cultivation practices. Leave the end of the poly drip tubing above the surface for periodic flushing.
- Last, we recommend not to exceed a total flow rate of 220 gallons per hour (3.6 GPM) on a single layout of drip irrigation tubing lateral.
Poly Drip Tubing Installation Steps:
- Using the poly drip tubing as a main lateral or as a sub lateral: Layout the poly drip tubing per the sketch made. Secure the poly drip tubing to the ground using one of DIG's ™ stakes (pack of 1, model R60, pack of 10 R60-10, pack of 10, R62B) in key areas and add more stakes as you unroll the poly drip tubing. Add stakes every 6' - 10' and at the end of each section, or as needed. Extend additional drip irrigation tubing to the plant area. Several sections of poly drip tubing can be laid out through the site, leaving all ends open for flushing. An extra 1% of poly drip tubing length should be added to each lateral to compensate for contraction at low temperatures.