DIG 1/4" in. Black Vinyl Tubing (.160 ID x .220 OD)
DIGâ€™s 1/4" in. (.156 ID x .245 OD) commercial-grade Vinyl Micro Tubing is available in black or brown and in coil lengths of 50', 100' and 500'. Made of high quality vinyl, the micro tubing is flexible and relatively soft. It is manufactured with an antioxidant and contains a minimum of 2% concentrated Carbon Black to protect the finished product from thermal degradation. The vinyl micro tubing is used in a wide range of drip irrigation applications, including as feeder lines from the 1/2" in. drip tubing to extend drip emitters or micro sprinklers to the plants, as extensions from the 4, 6 and 12-outlet drip manifolds or as the supply line for a complete 1/4" in. drip system.
The 1/4" in. poly micro tubing is used as the feeder line from the 1/2" in. drip tubing to the plant area or plant locations. At the end of the micro tubing, a drip emitter, micro sprayer, 1/4" in. dripline or micro sprinkler can be added. Like the 1/2" in. drip tubing, the micro tubing is suitable for any commercial or residential application. The micro tubing may be installed above the ground and covered with mulch to blend with the landscape, or extended from the 1/2" in. drip tubing and installed below the ground. The micro tubing may also be used as the sole supply line for a small complete system for containers and potted patio gardens.
Using the micro tubing as a feeder line:
- To connect the micro tubing to the 1/2" in. drip tubing, first force a 1/4" in. barb or 1/4" in. tee (model H80A or H80B for barb and model H82A or H82B for 1/4" in. tee) into the end of the micro tubing, then use the punch (model D44) to make a hole in the drip tubing.
- Insert the barb into the hole in the drip tubing. Use the micro tubing as a feeder line to reach a plant or cluster of plants away from the drip tubing and install a drip emitter, micro sprinkler or micro sprayer at the end of the micro tubing.
Using the micro tubing as a basis for a complete system:
- Connect the 1/4" in. poly micro tubing to the 1/4" in. hose thread adapter [model C37B] by forcing the end of the micro tubing into the compression side of the adapter while moving the tubing from side to side.
- Uncoil the micro tubing and lay it out adjacent to the plants to be irrigated.
- Near each plant or container, cut the tubing and install a 1/4" in. tee (#H82A) or in-line dripper (#WL110B).
- Connect another length of 1/4" in. micro tubing to the side outlet of the 1/4" in. tee and extend it out to the plant or container.
- Open the supply valve momentarily and flush out the line[s] and then install a dripper (or other emission device) at the end of the micro-tubing.
- Secure the dripper in place by installing a stabilizer stake (#P39B) to the micro tubing next to the dripper.
- Available in 50', 100’ and 500' coils
- Contains a minimum of 2% concentrated Carbon Black and an antioxidant to protect the drip tubing from thermal degradation
- Use with 1/4" in. barbed fittings
- Softer, more flexible and easier to use than poly micro tubing
- Meets the demand of micro irrigation systems for above- or below-ground layouts in agricultural, landscape and residential gardening installations
- Interchangeable with other manufacturers’ brands of the same OD size micro tubing
- Available in black colors only