Oatey Purple All-Purpose Primer/Cleaner
Oatey Purple PVC Primer and Cleaner is recommended for use with PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings. Purple Primer is formulated to remove dirt and oil from the surface of the piping, as well as soften the piping in preparation for solvent welding. The purple pigment provides verification that the primer has been applied to the pipe surface. This product is compliant with California south Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1168 and Ozone Transport Commission 9OTC) regulations for Volatile Organic Compound emission levels.
This product is not for use in a system using or being tested by compressed air or gasses.
- Purple-tinted all purpose primer/cleaner for PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings.
- Meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements.
- Less aggressive than clear primer and purple primer
- Removes surface dirt, grease and grime for preparation before solvent cementing
- Always check local codes for acceptability of this product
- Appearance: Purple Liquid
- Density: 6.78 0.2 lbs/gallon
- Shelf Life: 3 years from manufacture date