Oatey PVC Rain-R-Shine Blue Cement
Oatey Rain-R-Shine Medium Blue PVC Solvent Cement is recommended for solvent welding all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 6 in. diameter with interference fit. Where local codes allow, priming step is not necessary for non-pressure pipe less than 4 in. diameter. Rain-R-Shine Solvent Cement is a fastsetting cement designed specifically for wet conditions and/or quick pressurization. Rain-R-Shine can be used for potable water, sewer and drain, waste and vent systems. This product is compliant with California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1168 and Ozone Transport Commission (OTC) regulations for Volatile Organic Compound emission levels.
This product is not for use in systems using or being tested by compressed air or gasses.
- Medium-bodied blue cement for use on all schedules and classes of PVC pipe and fittings up to 6 in. diameter with interference fit
- Lo-V.O.C. Solvent Cement meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements
- Very fast-setting "Hot" cement formulated for wet conditions and/or pressurization and fast installation
- Recommend for pool, irrigation, potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV
- No primer needed on non-pressure DWV, where local codes permit
- Meets ASTM D2564
- Appearance: Blue Liquid
- Viscosity: min. 500 cps @ 73° F - 2° F
- Density: 7.83 - 0.2 lbs/gallon
- Lap Shear Strength (minimum per ASTM Standards): 2 hours: 250 PSI, 16 hours: 500 PSI, 72 hours: 900 PSI
- Set Up Time: 30° F to 50° F: 4-5 minutes, 50° F to 70° F: 3-4 minutes, 70° F to 90° F: 1-2 minutes
- Shelf Life: 3 years from manufacture date