King Innovation 81803 Grip Kit for 1" Poly Pipe Removal 100 lb Max
King Grips are useful for pipe pulling and boring pull-backs. The easy quick coupling and quick release saves time and money while the rugged, long lasting design provides years of trouble-free service. The full pipe end cover keeps dirt out of the pipe. Minimum grip on the pipe means no wasted pipe material. Easily replaceable parts minimize down time
- 81803: Compatible with 1" 100 lb. poly pipe
- No steel splinters
- No tape required
- Save Time and Money: King Grips have a secure gripping method, which eliminates the need for taping the grip prior to installing pipe. And since time is money, it's a two-for-one deal!
- Keep Out Unwanted Material: Rugged design protects pipe from soil entry
- Compatible with Your Equipment: King Grips are compatible with all pipe pulling equipment!
- Corrosion and Rust Resistant Design: That's right, King Grips are made with plated metal, which protects against rust and corrosion while also keeping your hands safe from painful steel splinters!
- No Wasted Pipe: With a minimum pipe grip length, King Grips eliminate wasted pipe material during installation to make your inventory stretch farther!
- Verify correct grip for pipe application
- Verify end of pipe to be pulled is free of obstruction
- Slide shell towards chain end of grip
- Insert shaft of grip into pipe, until pipe completely slides into shell
- While holding the shell and pipe with one hand, sharply pull on chain with other hand
- While holding chain, sharply hit closed end of shell with a hammer as needed.
- While grasping pipe and shell with one hand, push or impact chain end of shaft into pipe with other hand.
- Remove grip from pipe by grasping and pulling the shell.
It may be necessary to periodically clear debris from the knurling on the aluminum cones. This can be done using a stiff bristle brass brush, taking care not to damage the knurling or the rubber O-rings.