Rain Bird PSI-M30X-075 3/4" in. 30 PSI Inline Pressure Regulator
Regulates outlet pressure to 30 PSI, can be installed above or below ground.
- Can be installed above or below the ground.
- Preset outlet pressures: 30 PSI (2;0 Bars); 40 PSI (2;8 Bars); 50 PSI (3;5 bars).
- 3/4" in. (20/27) or 1" in. (26/34) female-threaded inlet and outlet.
Operating Range - Flow:
- PSI-L30X-075: 0.10 to 5.0 GPM; 6 to 300 GPH (23;0 to 1135 l/h)
- PSI-M30X-075: PSI-M40X-075; PSI-M50X-075: 2.0 to 10.0 GPM; 120 to 600 GPH (454 to 2271 l/h)
- PSI-M40X-100: PSI-M50X-100: 2.0 to 15.0 GPM; 120 to 900 GPH (454 to 3407 l/h)
Operating Range - Inlet Pressure:
- PSI-L30X/M30X: 10-150 PSI (0;7 to 10;3 bars)
- PSI-M40X-075/100: 10-150 PSI (0;7 to 10;3 bars)
- PSI-M50X-075/100: 10-150 PSI (0;7 to 10;3 bars)
(Note: For inlet pressures that exceed the operating range; specify/install two regulators in series.)
- PSI-L30X-075: 3/4" in. 30 PSI (2;0 bars) regulator for low flow (red label)
- PSI-M30X-075: 3/4" in. 30 PSI (2;0 bars) regulator for medium flow (yellow label)
- PSI-M40X-075: 3/4" in. 40 PSI (2;8 bars) regulator for medium flow (yellow label)
- PSI-M50X-075: 3/4" in. 50 PSI (3;4 bars) regulator for medium flow (yellow label)
- PSI-M40X-100: 1" in. 40 PSI (2;8 bars) regulator for medium flow
- PSI-M50X-100: 1" in. 50 PSI (3;4 bars) regulator for medium flow
Additionally.....Some professionals install them after the filter so the water going through the regulator has already been filtered (decreases chance of sediment damaging the effectiveness of the regulator) and you don't experience additional pressure loss due to the filter because you likely still have higher pressure after the filter than you are stepping down to with the pressure regulator. Other professionals install it before the filter because, though quality filters are designed to withstand the pressure spikes experienced by parts installed before a pressure regulator, a pressure regulator is better at this and has less threaded joints that can leak under high pressure and/or improper teflon taping (2 threaded joints vs. 4).
As long as you install both your filter and your pressure regulator after your valve and in the correct direction for flow (see arrow or each part), then you can put them in either order for the desired pro's and con's.
I also wish to know whether the materials it is made of might get affected by a 0.6M phosporic acid solution or a 0.4M Sodium Persulphate solution.
Contact me on pprabhud @ hach . com