King Innovation 45050 Assorted 3/4" in. - 1-1/2" in. PVC Leak-B-Gone Rings (Bag of 4)
Leak-B-GoneÂ® Rings are intended to permanently repair leaks at PVC pipe joints where the glue has not adhered properly during install, or where the joint has come loose. When installed properly under the appropriate conditions, the Leak-B-Gone ring could save you hundreds of dollars and hours of time cutting out and replacing leaking PVC pipe! Leak-B-Gone, however, does not work for all applications. Before you buy, we wanted to make you aware of some instances where Leak-B-Gone might not work for you.
- 60 second solution to repair leaking PVC joints
- Available in seven sizes for 3/4" in., 1" in., 1 1/4" in., 1 1/2" in., 2" in., 3" in. and 4" in. PVC pipe
- Easy installation; no tools required
- Provides 360° leak protection; tested to 200 PSI
- For commercial and residential use
Important Information to consider before purchasing Leak-B-Gone:
- Pipe Diameter:
- It is crucial that you properly measure the outside diameter of your pipe, and use the chart (shown below) to determine what size Leak-B-Gone you will need. If the incorrect size is chosen, then Leak-B-Gone will NOT stop your leak!
- Clean Pipe:
- Leak-B-Gone must be installed on a CLEAN pipe (see images above). If a pipe already has buildup (residue, glue, mud, etc.) around the fitting, then Leak-B-Gone will NOT stop your leak!
- Dry Pipe:
- Leak-B-Gone must be installed on a pipe that is as DRY as possible. If a pipe is too wet the glue may not properly adhere and Leak-B-Gone will NOT stop your leak!
- Install Away from Glue:
- Once primer and glue have been applied, Leak-B-Gone must be wrapped around your pipe and latched AWAY from the glue. You may then slide the ring over towards your pipe fitting/leak. If Leak-B-Gone is installed over the glue, it may become prematurely stuck to the pipe and will NOT stop your leak!
- Leak Location:
- Leak-B-Gone is designed to stop leaks that have occurred at the pipe joint. If your pipe is leaking elsewhere, then Leak-B-Gone will NOT stop your leak!
- Multiple Rings:
- Depending on the size of your leak, you may need multiple Leak-B-Gone rings to properly stop the flow of water. If too few rings are used for a larger leak, then Leak-B-Gone may NOT stop your leak!
- If you are having trouble latching the Leak-B-Gone ring, tools may be required or you may have the incorrect size. If the Leak-B-Gone ring is not latched properly during install, then Leak-B-Gone may NOT stop your leak!
Leak-B-Gone PROs: Simple and clean probably would work for most small leaks if pipe joint is not gunked up with a lot of glue. Also probably best if not under under constant pressure. CONs: Not good for breaks, holes. Asst packaging is a waste in most cases. If I'm working mainly with .75 pipe I want to be able to buy 4 of same size.
Snapper PROs: Clamps over pipe so can repair big holes and breaks. They even have a version to add a T to pipe by drilling hole. CONs: minor. a little messier. You need to have hose clamps to hold glued halves in place. Mine were slightly to small when attempting actual repair and I never got a good clamp. make sure you have right size.