TRC 1278ESP 12 Station Permanent Connector for Rain Bird ESP-MC
TRC Irrigation Remotes is a division of Remote Control Technology. Established in 1982, Remote Control Technology (RCT) has led in design , manufacturing and sales of RF radio frequency wireless remote controls for irrigation controllers.
Note: The range of all radio products is dependent on local conditions and antenna selection/location.
Antenna Installation Best Practices
We recommend the following practices to achieve a successful wireless communication range using the TRC Irrigation Remotes antennas in any location as long as the installation best practices are observed. Your range will be maximized by following these guidelines:
- Mount the antennas at least 40 feet away from electric motors, large power transformers, power lines, VFDs or any equipment that produces ambient electrical noise. Otherwise, the receiver may have trouble distinguishing the FM transmitter signal from this noise.
- Mount all antennas outdoors. Our irrigation remote systems (both FM transmitter and receiver) communicate in the RF radio frequency spectrum at 27 MHz. This frequency has great characteristics for long range but the signals will not go through walls. For equipment located indoors, run a length of RG-58 coaxial cable from the receiver to an antenna mounted outdoors.
- Mount antennas as high as possible, at least 3 feet away from vertical surfaces and not under roof awnings.
- Use only high-quality antenna and cable connectors, which are available from TRC Irrigation Remotes.
- Do not loop excess coax cable into a coil. This will cause a RF radio frequency choke and reduce your signal range. If you can, loosely route it back and forth in an "S" configuration.
We found other products you might like!
- on sale $1,238.48$2,474.00you save 50%Sku:0-1010
- on sale $2,031.00$3,510.00you save 42%Sku:0-1025
- on sale $1,013.00$1,728.00you save 41%Sku:0-1015
- on sale $1,013.00$1,728.00you save 41%Sku:0-1016