Underground Communication Cable Armored + Shielded Wire 16 AWG
This specification covers requirements for an underground shielded cable designed to transmit and receive signals between irrigation satellites, central computers, weather stations, and sensors. The cable utilizes stranded insulated conductors, aluminum shield and drain wire to minimize electrical, magnetic, and radio frequency interference. This cable is wrapped with stainless steel tape armor for protection against rodents and for shielding of lightning and power surges. This armored version is only necessary for conditions that are rodent heavy, otherwise shield cable is sufficient for most applications. The cable is listed by UL or ETL or CSA
When ordering wire by the foot, does the wire come in one continuous wire?
Yes, wire by the foot comes in a continuous run up to 250ft. Orders over 250ft will be shipped in spools of 250 ft plus any extra to complete the order.
- Insulation: PVS, yellow & gray
- Shielding: A 2 mil aluminum backed polyester shielding with a #16 AWG solid tinned copper drain wire in contact with the aluminum side with a 25% minimum overlap
- Cable Assembly: The insulated conductors and the drain wire are twisted together with a 3" maximum lay
- Jacket: Black Polyethylene, sunlight and moisture resistant.
- Conductors: Stranded soft annealed tin coated copper conforming to ASTM-B-3 and B-8.
- Surface Printing: Paige electric P7162D-A Listing agency and number 16AWG 1PR Shielded/Armored 30V sprinkler system wire and/or underground low energy circuit cable RoHS Country of origin. Sequential footing every 2”
*Also Known as Toro wire and/or Toro Cable