Oatey 8724 NSF Listed Purple PVC Primer Gallon
Uni-Weld 8700 Series Purple Primer is a purple-tinted primer recommended for use with PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings.
Purple Primer is formulated to remove dirt and oil from the surface of the piping, as well as soften the piping in preparation for solvent welding. Purple pigment provides verification that primer has been applied to the pipe surface. This product is compliant with California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1168 and Ozone Transport Commission (OTC) regulations for Volatile Organic Compound emission levels.
Note: This product is not for use in a system using or being tested by compressed air or gases.
- NSF Standard 61 for PW, DWV, SEWER
- Meets ASTM F 656
- IAPMO Listed
- Purple-tinted aggressive primer for use on PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings
- Low-VOC Primer meets California South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) 1168/316A or BAAQMD Method 40 and various environmental requirements
- For use in areas where plumbing code calls for verification that a primer has been used
- Removes surface dirt, grease and grime as well as softens the pipe surface to allow a fast, secure solvent weld
- Appearance: Purple Liquid
- Density: 6.97 0.2 lbs/gallon
- Shelf Life: 3 years from manufacture date
- Maximum VOC per SCAQMD 1168/316A or BAAQMD
- Method 40: 550 g/L