Greenlee Model-521a-Locator Wire and Valve Locator
Greenlee’s 521A Wire and Valve Locator is a universal troubleshooting and maintenance tool for electrically controlled sprinkler irrigation systems. It is capable of locating the wire path, depth, wire breaks, large nicks, and solenoid valves
- High power transmitter offers extended long range and allows use on higher resistance wire paths
- Adjustable transmit power allows you to select the best signal for maximum performance
- Receiver provides adjustable loud speaker audio, headset audio and visual indications of signal strength
- Long-nose receiver wand makes it easy for you to move along quickly to locate even the longest wire path
- Valve solenoid hotspot signal makes pinpointing valves easy
- Rugged headphones block ambient noise
- Includes transmitter, receiver, headset, ground stake, and slim-line carry case
- Battery-operated (eight D cell batteries and one 9 V included)
- 1 YR warranty
- Automatic Shut-Off : 90 MINT For Receiver, Turn-Off Bumper For Transmitter
- Battery : Eight D-Cells And One 9 VDC (Included)
- Battery Life : Transmitter: 50 HR Nominal, Receiver: 100 HR Nominal
- Dimensions : 33.5 (851 MM) Length X 8.25 (210 MM) Width X 3.75 (95 MM) Height Case
- Transmitter Frequency : 1748 Hz
- Transmitter Power : 750 Vpp, 285 V RMS
The only time i can't the valves quickly is if there is a wire break that end the wire run, so then I stop and dig up where I had lost signal find the wire and start again.
There is never a time i cannot locate broken wires or valves.
There are 2 ways to ground the the wire, 1 way to ground is with a probe stuck into the ground, and the 2nd way is to just ground it to the common wire in the timer clock.
That will eliminate noise as well.
Its a great tool I own 2 of them.
1 year ago
1 year ago
we have Been in business since 1989