Greenlee Wire and Valve Locator
The new and improved 521A Wire and Valve Locator builds on the success of the industry-standard Model 521. The new 521A has added features such as: loudspeaker listening, an extended locating wand for comfort, a slimmer case and a switch to easyto-find “D” cell transmitter batteries. Like its predecessor, the 521A combines adjustable transmitter power with a sensitive locating receiver to allow location of buried wires and valves with speed and confidence.
Features & Benefits
- High power transmitter offers extended long range and allows use on higher resistance wire paths.
- Adjustable transmit power allows you to select the best signal for maximum performance.
- Receiver provides adjustable loudspeaker audio, headset audio and visual indications of signal strength.
- Long-nose receiver wand makes it easy for you to move along quickly to locate even the longest wire path.
- Valve solenoid ‘hotspot’ signal makes pinpointing valves easy.
- Rugged headphones block ambient noise.
- Includes transmitter, receiver, headset, ground stake, and slim-line carry case.
- Battery-operated (eight “D” cell batteries and one 9V included).
- 1-year warranty
- Transmitter Frequency: 1748 Hz
- Transmitter Power: 750 Vpp, 285 Vrms
- Case Dimensions: 851 mm x 210 mm x 95 mm (33.5 in x 8.25 in x 3.75 in)
- Battery: Eight D-cells and one 9 Vdc (included)
- Battery Life:
- Transmitter: 50 hours nominal
- Receiver: 100 hours nominal
- Automatic Shut-off: 90 minutes for receiver; turn-off bumper for transmitter
Helpful Articles & Videos
- How To Locate Or Find Irrigation Valves And Wires
- Step By Step Irrigation Installation Guide
- How To Dig Trenches
The only time i can't the valves quickly is if there is a wire break that end the wire run, so then I stop and dig up where I had lost signal find the wire and start again.
There is never a time i cannot locate broken wires or valves.
There are 2 ways to ground the the wire, 1 way to ground is with a probe stuck into the ground, and the 2nd way is to just ground it to the common wire in the timer clock.
That will eliminate noise as well.
Its a great tool I own 2 of them.
over 2 years ago
over 2 years ago
we have Been in business since 1989