Rain Bird 1800 30 PSI Pressure Regulated Spray Head with Seal-A-Matic 4”
- Ideal for use in areas with high and/or widely fluctuating water pressures and steep slopes.
- 1800 Series Spray Heads have provided unmatched durability, reliability, and performance
- Head of choice for a wide variety of applications
Features & Benefits
Rain Bird® 1800-SAM-PRS Series Spray Heads meet the needs of all spray areas, regardless of changing elevation or water pressures. This top of the line spray head incorporates all 1800 Series SAM and PRS features, making them ideal for use in areas with high and/or widely fluctuating water pressures and steep slopes.
Trusted for over 30 years, 1800 Series Spray Heads have provided unmatched durability, reliability, and performance. Superior components and features make the 1800 Series Spray Head the spray head of choice for a wide variety of applications.
Incorporates all 1800 Series SAM and PRS features
- Built-in Seal-A-Matic™ (SAM) check valve. Eliminates the need for under-the-head check valves.
- Traps water in lateral pipes in elevation changes of up to 14 feet (4.2 m). Reduces wear on system components by minimizing water hammer during start-up
- Maintains constant outlet pressure at 30 psi (2.1 bar). PRS pressure regulator built into the stem simplifies system design. Eliminates misting and fogging caused by high pressure. Saves time and money
- Meets the needs of all spray areas, regardless of changing elevation or water pressures
- SAM capability: holds up to 14 feet (4.2 m) of head; 6 psi (0.4 bar)
- PRS models regulate nozzle pressure to an average 30 or 45 psi (2.1 or 3.1 bar) with inlet pressures of up to 70 psi (4.8 bar)
- Flow-by: 0 gpm at 8 psi (0.6 bar) or greater; 0.10 gpm (0.02 m³/h; 0.36 l/m) otherwise
- Installation: bottom inlet only
- Five-Year Trade Warranty
- Regulates nozzle pressure to an average 30 psi (2.1 bar) with inlet pressures of up to 70 psi (4.8 bar)
Optional Feature Specifications
When so indicated on the design, the 4”, 6” or 12” high pop-up spray sprinkler shall also include a Seal-A-Matic (SAM) check valve and a pressure regulating (PRS) device. These units shall be identifiable from the top with ”SAM-PRS” markings on the cap.
The check valve shall prevent low-head drainage of up to 14 feet of head. The pressure regulating device shall prevent high pressure fogging of the nozzle stream by regulating the nozzle pressure to 30 psi for inlet pressures from 35 to 70 psi. Below 35 psi the pressure loss shall not exceed 6 psi. These models shall utilize the bottom inlet only.
- 1804-SAM-PRS: 4” pop-up height (10.2 cm)
- 1806-SAM-PRS: 6” pop-up height (15.2 cm)
- 1812-SAM-PRS: 12” pop-up height (30.5 cm)
- Spacing: 2.5 to 24 feet (0.8 to 7.3m)∗
- Drain check valve (up to 10’ of elevation; P/N 437400SP)
∗2.5 to 18 feet with standard Rain Bird Spray Head Nozzles (SQ, MPR, VAN, U-Series); 13 to 24 feet with Rain Bird Rotary Nozzles
- ½” (15/21) NPT female threaded inlets
- Body Height
- 1804 SAM-PRS - 6” (15 cm)
- 1806 SAM-PRS - 9⅜” (24 cm)
- 1812 SAM-PRS - 16” (40 cm)
- Exposed diameter: 2¼” (5.7 cm)