Rain Bird 5004-PLPC 4 in. Pop-Up Partial-Circle Adjustable Arc Rotor
Relax with the knowledge your landscape is being watered by reliable 5000 Series Rotors and industry-leading Rain Curtain Nozzle Technology.
Rain Bird? 5000 Series Rotors are ideal for medium to large-size lawns and evenly distribute water from 25 to 50 feet. The 5000 Series Rotors with Rain Curtain Technology are engineered to deliver a uniform spray pattern, giving you a consistently green lawn throughout. The larger water droplets produced by Rain Curtain technology prevent misting and airborne evaporation so the right amount of water is delivered to the right place, saving you water and money. Gentle close-in watering eliminates dry spots around the rotor, prevents seed washout and allows the turf to grow healthy with no matting or bending.
Features / Benefits
- Faster maintenance with a new self-cleaning arc adjustment screw
- Standard rubber cover for extra protection. 5000 Plus/5000 Plus PRS feature a green cover while the 5000 features a black cover
- Heavy-duty cover assembly for extra durability in residential or commercial applications
- Rain Curtain Nozzles
- The 5000 Plus features a Flow Shut-Off device to stop the flow of water to a particular head while the system is still in operation.
- Slip clutch mechanism for quick adjustment on installation
- Heavy-duty retract spring assures positive pop-down
- Tree of nozzles including four low angle (Angle of Trajectory 10) and eight standard angle Rain Curtain Nozzles (Angle of Trajectory 25) provides 25 to 50 (7,6 to 15,2 m) distance of throw
- ward-winning MPR nozzle set simplifies design and installation by providing matched precipitation from 25to 35 (7,6 to 10,7 m)
- Top-adjust arc adjustment requiring only a flat-blade screwdriver
- Five-year trade warranty
- 40 - 360 arc rotation and reversing full circle rotation in one
- Radius adjustment screw allows up to 25% radius reduction without changing nozzles
- True 4 (10 cm), 6 (15,2 cm) and 12 (30,5 cm) pop-up (measured from the cover to the nozzle)
- Pressure-activated multi-function wiper seal protects internals from debris and assures positive pop-up and retraction
- Reinforced flow path for additional side load strength
- Additional O-rings and seals for extra protection in gritty water
Manuals and Literature
- Pop-up height: Shrub: 4" (10 cm); 6" (15 cm); 12" (30 cm)
- Overall body height: Shrub: 7 3/4" (19,7 cm), 4": 7 3/8" (18, 5 cm); 6": 9 5/8" (24,5 cm); 12": 16 7/8" (42,9 cm)
- Exposed surface diameter: 1 5/8" (4,1 cm) *Note: Pop-up height measured from cover to the nozzle. Overall body height is measured popped down.
- Precipitation rate: 0.20 to 1.01 inches per hour (5 to 26 mm/h)
- Radius: 25 to 50 feet (7,6 to 15,2 m)
- Radius may be reduced up to 25% with radius reduction screw
- Pressure: 25-65 psi (1,7 to 4,5 bar)
- Flow Rate: 0.73 to 9.63 gpm (4,2 to 36,6 l/m)
- 3/4 (20/27) NPT female bottom threaded inlet
- PLPC Models: Reversing full and part circle adjustment 40 360
- PLFC Models: Full circle only adjustment 360
over 5 years ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
2 months ago
Easy to swap out
3 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
over 4 years ago
If your fixed left is too far left, wait until the head reaches the farthest right, the turn the head towards the right. Then re-adjust with the screw to correct the right side again. This is the arc adjustment.
The radius adjustment (front screw at nozzle) will adjust the spray. The more you turn the screw clockwise, the spray will lower and do more of a spray vs. a stream. Basically the screw is being sent downward not only to hold the spray head in, but then to affect the spray by protruding into the stream of water.
The center hole on a 5000 plus (green top) turns the flow off so that if you are adjusting numerous heads, you won't get soaked.
It also makes a difference which spray head nozzle you install into the hole prior to installing the head. If you look you will see numbers on the nozzles. The larger the number, the longer the throw. I usually use a 3.0 for a fairly long travel. Hope this helps.
These rotors are adjustable with a fixed left and then can be adjusted to the right with a simple turn of a screw. The middle screw turns the head on and off (Plus) and the distance that it throws can be changed with the insertion of the various nozzles provided with the rotor. Also can be changed slightly by how far down you put the screw that holds the nozzle in place.
I find the "plus" feature nice because you can shut some heads off when adjusting your system so you don't get soak and wet. Also, if you have a head in the shade, and the rest of the zone is in the sun, you can turn the head off at times. Gives some flexibility for not a lot of cost.
We found other products you might like!
- on sale $56.55$83.50you save 32%Sku:8005-N
- on sale $31.98$50.00you save 36%Sku:F4-FC-N
- on sale $21.98$37.84you save 42%Sku:5006-PLPCS
- on sale $31.98$50.00you save 36%Sku:F4-PC-N
- on sale $41.48$65.00you save 36%Sku:F4-PC-SS-N
- on sale $63.21$95.00you save 33%Sku:8005-SS-N