Rain Bird 0.5 GPM Root Watering System 36"
- Length: 36 inches
- Flow Rate: 0.5 GPM
- Type: Root Watering System
Features & Benefits
Rain Bird's Root Watering Series (RWS) enables vital water, oxygen,and nutrients to bypass compacted soil and directly reach tree and shrub root systems. Its patented basket weave canister allows ground installation to a depth of 36".This system is intended for use with water dispensing devices such as abubbler head or a drip emitter. The RWS promotes tree and shrub investment protection,watering efficiency and landscape aesthetics through deep root growth and tree development.
Tree & Shrub Investment Protection
In a typical transplant project, as many as 20% of trees do not survive beyond two years. Over 50% of newly planted tree mortality is due to water and nutrient stress. Rain Bird's RWS provides subsurface irrigation and aeration designed to prevent tree and shrub transplant shock. It allows the roots to grow deeper and broader resulting in greater tree stability, higher survival rates and long-term healthier growth.
Subsurface, deep root watering and aeration ensures tree health and promotes accelerated growth. Subsurface watering is intelligent irrigation. RWS minimizes the total water volume required to irrigate trees, reducing water loss due to evaporation, wind and edge control losses.
The RWS helps prevent shallow root growth by minimizing water run-off and damage to hard scapes. The aesthetically designed subsurface is contained with the RWS tube. The below-grade installation contributes to a safer and more reliable installation -no one is tripping over or breaking above-ground irrigation hardware. The below-grade installation promotes a landscape's natural appearance. The variety of models accommodates design flexibility. It is simple to specify, requiring a single model number instead of a host of parts.
For the RWS-B-C-1402 Model
- Root Watering w/ 36" (91 cm) tube
- 0.5 gpm (1.89 l/m) bubbler &check valve on riser
- 4" (10 cm) grate, versatile swing assembly w/ 1/2" (15/21) M NPT inlet
Minimizes Transplant Shock
- Directs water to root ball and adjacent soil.
- Supplements top-down soaking.
Deeper and Broader Roots
- Quicker tree and shrub growth.
- Provide a stable foundation against high winds.
- Reduces waste due to run-off.
- Minimizes evaporation.
Supports Low-Volume Tubing
- Orderable without a swing assembly or fittings to support direct connection to a drip system.
- Grate collar has an integrated clip for 1/4" tubing.
Aesthetically Pleasing Appearance
- Installs at grade level.
- Minimizes root damage to hardscapes.
Rigid Tube Design
- Mesh material allows for horizontal movement of water and oxygen into root zone and surrounding areas.
- Supports pea gravel fill to provide better top-to-bottom water dispersion and firmness against root compression.
Connects to Traditional Irrigation Lateral Lines
- Integrated polyethylene swing assembly and spiral barb fittings connect to PVC and PE pipes.
- Simplifies attachment to watering pipes.
Self-Contained and Factor-Assembled
- Comes in (3) pre-assembled sizes for design flexibility.
- Saves time and money by being ready-to-install out of the box.
Minimizes Personal Injury
- Reduces above ground risers and surface-level roots people can trip over.
- 4" diameter x 36" length (10 cm x 91 cm)