Yellow Jacket 075 3/4" Backflow Repair Kit for Febco 765-075
The Yellow Jacket PVB replacement kit is top of the line when it comes to backflow prevention. Where other manufacturer's bonnets and poppets will crack and wear out, the Yellow Jacket is built to last. Why risk a damaged PVB and serious health concerns from dangerous backflow? Put yourself in safe hands, and rest assured you can rely on the high-quality construction and guaranteed durability of the Yellow Jacket. Having to replace a bonnet and poppet regularly wastes both your time and your money. Why not save on both, and go with the Yellow Jacket? If you want this to be the last bonnet and poppet replacement job you ever do, go with the Yellow Jacket. The Yellow Jacket: when you want it to last!
Is your Febco PVB backflow preventer leaking? Rather than buy a brand new pressure vacuum breaker, you may only need to replace the bonnet and poppet. We have the repair kit you need: the Yellow Jacket bonnet and poppet replacement kit for 1/2" and 3/4" Febco Pressure Vacuum Breaker backflow preventers. The Yellow Jacket is a new Sprinkler Warehouse exclusive product, and comes complete with all the parts: bonnet, poppet, O-ring, spring, washer, e-ring, rubber disc, and stem.
How to Replace the Bonnet and Poppet (you should always change both):
- Turn off the water going into the PVB this is done by turning the ball valve handle at the base of the PVB. The handle should have been vertical before you started; turn it to the horizontal position.
- Turn off the water going out of the PVB this is done by turning the ball valve handle on the outlet side of the PVB. The handle should have been horizontal before you started; turn it to the vertical position.
- Open the two test cocks on the side of the PVB to relieve any water pressure inside the PVB. This is done by removing any rubber caps or thread protectors from the test cock, then turning the screw on the side of the test cock 90°, so the screw head is parallel with the test cock.
- Remove nut, bell cap, O-rings, and broken pieces of old bonnet and poppet.
- Replace with Yellow Jacket bonnet and poppet repair parts, and place bell cap and nut back on assembly. Be sure not to over-tighten the nut: hand-tighten the nut, then tighten with a wrench just until the bell cap can't wobble. The bell cap should still be able to spin without difficulty.
- Turn on the water on the inlet side of the PVB slowly. Turning it on too quickly will break your new bonnet and poppet. Turn the ball valve handle to a 45° angle, or halfway to fully open. Water will begin to spill out the test cocks.
- Close the test cocks, then open the inlet ball valve the rest of the way, being sure to open it slowly. After closing the test cocks, water will begin to come out of the bell cap. This should stop after you have turned the ball valve to the fully open position.
- Open the ball valve on the outlet side of the PVB.
- Fits all 1/2" and 3/4" FEBCO PVB Backflow Preventers
- Durable construction
- Sleek design
- 3 year warranty
11 months ago
7 months ago
12 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago