Toro PSS-SEN Wireless Precision Soil Sensor
Leveraging Toro sensing technology used on high-end commercial sites and world-class golf courses around the globe, the Toro Precision Soil Sensor reduces water waste by continuously measuring moisture levels in the soil and determining when to allow your controller to water, maximizing the efficiency of your irrigation system. Communication between the sensor probe and receiver is completely wireless, so installation is quick and easy with no digging required.
- Wireless Communication: Up to 500' (152m) line-of-sight
- Automatic Calibration: The sensor will automatically detect the soil type and adjust all calculations accordingly
- Freeze Detection: The only soil sensor to offer freeze detection that prevents irrigation when temperatures approach freezing
- Signal Strength Indicating LED: A multi-color LED on the sensor probe indicates radio strength to assist in finding a suitable installation location
- Slim Design: The sensor probe's ultra-slim 3/4" profile allows it to avoid being damaged by mowing equipment
- Long Battery Life: Easily replaceable batteries last up to 2 years with alkaline batteries (longer with lithium)
- Works with Any Irrigation Controller: Can be installed on any irrigation controller, including competitive models
- No Digging Required: Communication between the sensor probe and the receiver is completely wireless, with up to a 500' range (line of sight). Installation doesn't disturb the soil, giving you accurate moisture readings starting as soon as the sensor is put in the ground
- Prevents Overwatering: Continuously measures soil moisture levels and determines when to allow your irrigation controller to water, making sure just the right amount of water is applied
- Two Year Warranty
- There are two components to the system - a battery-powered wireless sensor probe and a receiver that wires into any irrigation controller's sensor port
- Once installed, the sensor calculates field capacity for your soil (or the maximum amount of water the soil can hold after excess water has drained away) and sets that as "100%"
- Any time the moisture level in the soil exceeds field capacity, the irrigation controller is prevented from watering until the moisture level falls below the level set in the receiver (default is 50% of field capacity, adjustable by the user)
- Power: Probe: 3 AA batteries; Receiver: 24 VAC from controller
- Dimensions: 5" x 3-3/4" x 2-3/4"; Probe spikes: 4-3/4"; Receiver Body: 3" x 3-3/4" x 1-1/2"
- Communication Options: 900 MHz DSSS
- Operating Temperature: Probe: 14 degrees F to 170 degrees (-10 degrees C to 77 degrees C); Receiver: 14 degrees F to 140 degrees F (-10 degrees C to 60 degrees C)
- Sensing: Soil moisture and ambient temperature
- Range: Up to 500' (152 m) line-of-sight
- Wireless: yes
>"There are two components to the system - a battery-powered wireless sensor probe and a receiver that wires into any irrigation controller's sensor port"<
However the only product included is the sensor probe, NO receiver. Now I'm stuck with SW's return policy.
1 year ago
Both have 3 bar signals and new batteries yet neither will calibrate. I've tried calibrating over a day right after irrigation and tried immediate calibration right after watering and they still fail to calibrate. Nothing in the install instructions about this. What could be wrong?