CST Flow Sensor 1 in. PVC Tee (2 Wire Output)
- Size: 1 in.
Type: Flow Sensor
Sensor Connection: Wired
Features & Benefits
Creative Sensor Technology introduces a new technologically advanced flow sensor designed specifically for the irrigation industry. The sensor features a square wave digital signal proportional to flow.
The characteristics of the output signal duplicate existing impeller flow sensor signals making the FSI series sensor compatible with all manufacturers control products. The pulse signal will travel up to 2,000 feet without amplification.
The key elements of this new technology are a proprietary mounting tee, ultra-lightweight impeller and improved processor based electronics giving the FSI series sensor improved performance.
- Molded Mounting Tee - Improved control of dimensions for more consistent measurement and improved performance at low flow.
- Threaded Retaining Nut instead of Retaining Pin - Easier to service in a valve box, more moisture resistance for electronics resulting in longer life.
- Unique 4 bladed lightweight impeller - Measure lower flow rates. Detects flow as low as 20% of published minimum rate of other impeller sensors.
- "Smart Electronics" detection system - Sensor electronics contain a micro-processor for better signal filtering and conditioning. Detection circuit also contains superior over-voltage and over-current protection.
- Impeller - HDPE
- Shaft - Tungsten Carbide
- O-Ring - BUNA N
- Tee, Sensor Housing, Retaining Nut - Type 1 PVC
- Pressure Rating - Working pressure of 240 PSI
- Temperature Rating - 32 F to 140 F (0 to 60 C)
- Output Signal - Frequency Range 0.3 Hz to 200 Hz
- Output Pulse - 5msec +/- 25%
- Transducer Excitation - Quiescent current 600 uA@8 VDC to 35 VDC max, Quiescent voltage (VHigh)=Supply Voltage - (600uA X Supply Impedance) , On State (VLow) = Max 1.2 VDC@50mA current limit.
- Flow Range - 0.25 to 15 FPS
- Electrical Cable - 2 single conductor solid copper U.L. #18 AWG leads with direct burial insulation, Lead Length 48 inches, Wiring may be extended up to 2000 ft. with direct burial.
Always install a flow sensor in a straight section of pipe where there is a minimum of 10 diameters upstream (ahead) and a minimum of 5 diameters downstream (behind) of the flow sensor.
Pipe bends, other fittings, valves, pipe enlargements or reductions or anything else that would cause a flow disturbance should not be present in this length of pipe. If the flow sensor is installed below grade, provide access to the sensor by installing a valve box or meter pit over it.
In underground installations, sensor tees are usually installed with the insert located in the 12:00 o'clock or straight up position to make removal easier.
The sensor is supplied with 48 wire leads. When splicing the leads to an extension cable, be sure to leave an adequate loop of wire to allow the sensor insert to be brought above ground level for service while still remaining spliced.