Order today, ship today!

Left for Same-Day Shipping

Free Shipping Offer to Orders over $149

Toro 250 Normally Open Hydraulic Valve with Flow Control 1" FPT | 250-01-04

In stock
Free Shipping on Orders over $149
on sale $31.48
you save 41%

Toro 250-01-04 1 in. FPT Normally Open Hydrolic Valve with Flow Control

Heavy duty. Hardworking. The Toro? 250/260 and 254/264 Series globe-style valves are made to withstand all that a large residential or light commercial application can dish out. The durable and dependable, glass-filled Zytel? *bonnet and body construction allows these valves to be rated up to 150 psi, and are available in various inlet/outlet configurations meant to meet contractors? unique preferences. The 1? inlet/outlet 250/260 Series valves feature female inlets with female or barbed outlets available in electric, hydraulic or pin-type styles, while the 254/264 Series valves are electric valves with male inlets and male or barbed outlets available in ?? or 1? sizes

Features and Benefits

Heavy-Duty Toro Solenoid Provides dependable operation and long life.

Optional Flow Control Allows the ability to adjust the flow of each zone.

Comprehensive Inlet and Outlet Choices Flexibility for new installations and retrofit projects.

Single-Piece Rubber Diaphragm For reliable, leak-tight closing.

Tough, Glass-Filled Zytel Bonnet And Body Durable construction that provides years of reliable operation.

*Zytel is a registered trademark of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
  • Manual flow control adjustable to zero flow
  • Self-cleaning, stainless steel metering pin
  • External manual bleed
  • 18? lead wires (electric)
  • Low in-rush solenoid


  • Operational
    • Recommended flow range: ? 3/4?: 0.25 to 15.0 gpm ? 1?: 5.0 to 30.0 gpm
    • Operating Pressure ? 3/4?: 10 to 150 psi ? 1?: 20 to 150 psi
    • Solenoid: 24 VAC ? 3/4?: Inrush: 0.25 amps, 6.00 VA; Holding: 0.19 amps, 4.56 VA ? 1?: Inrush: 0.30 amps, 7.20 VA; Holding: 0.20 amps, 4.80 VA

Manuals and Literature

Flow Rate:
5 -30 GPM
Flow Control:
Flow Control
Connection Type:
Size (in.):
Body Material:
Glass-Filled Zytel
Product Type:
Valve Type:
Normally Open Hydraulic
Flow Control:
Flow Control
Valve Size (in.):
4.5 / 5.0
2 Reviews
5 Stars
4 Stars
3 Stars
2 Stars
1 Star
Excellent service
Product came quickly and is installed and working normally
April 24, 2020
2 months ago
Valve operates perfectly but...
the replacement was for a brass valve from the 1960's and there is a difference in the diameter of the hydraulic control tubing. I finally found some adapters I had from several valves I had replaced a few years ago, but I could find no reference to the tubing or the adapters either on Toro's support site or Sprinkler Warehouse. I am not sure where I got the little brass male - male adapter and short length of tubing that fits correctly onto the valve. It would be nice to have this documented somewhere
June 25, 2019
1 year ago
Start typing your question and we'll check if it was already asked and answered. Learn More
Browse 16 questions Browse 16 questions and 22 answers
Why did you choose this?
SprinklerWarehouse.com Store
I have 33 of these valves in operation and am very satisfied.
Stephen E on Sep 1, 2018
normally open
Chris Castello on Feb 16, 2018
I have 33 of these valves in operation and am very satisfied.
Stephen E on Sep 1, 2018
Great for replacing old systems
S T on Aug 14, 2018
normally open
Chris Castello on Feb 16, 2018
Repeat order as the product performs well in my application.
Roger R on Oct 11, 2017
I need a normally open valve, i have a electric Hydraulic converter that i will hook it to.
P E on Sep 1, 2017
Replace a old (40 yrs) Toro valve
D A on Apr 28, 2017
Replacement for leaking valve.
Harry T on Mar 4, 2017
I wanted hydraulic valves without power to them because I am using them to control saltwater flow in outdoor tanks.
Matthew B on Apr 3, 2012
Great for replacing old systems
S T on Aug 14, 2018
Repeat order as the product performs well in my application.
Roger R on Oct 11, 2017
What is the difference between 250-01-04 normally open with flow control, and 250-00-04 pin type with flow control?
Phil P on Oct 30, 2013
what is the difference between a 250-00-04 and a 250-01-04?
A shopper on Sep 23, 2011
I replaced my indexing valve, after that I noticed this valve was leaking. I do not know how to adjust this valve. There is a small water line going to the valve. I don't know if the diaphragm broke or clogged while turn ing on the system with the new indexing valve. What do you think ? TORO 250 SERIES VALVE MODELS:
•Toro 250-00-04 - 1" Pin Type Hydraulic Valve with Flow Control
•Toro 250-01-04 - 1" N.O. Hydraulic Valve with Flow Control
MYKE1 on Oct 25, 2015
does this vavle have a solenoid? Do you have a 2" NO valve with a 24v solenoid?
Ben G on Mar 30, 2018
BEST ANSWER: No, hydraulic valves use a remote control, or remote solenoid. The drop in control pressure opens, or shuts the valve. Instead of running wire, you run a tube, either above ground, or to a control box
Is this a hydraulic valve or Electric valve?
Tuckmc on Apr 3, 2012
BEST ANSWER: The valve is hydraulic, normally open held closed by water pressure.
Release the control water pressure and the valve opens to allow flow.
can I use this valve in place of the 260-01-04 NO hydraulic valve?
Johnny on Jul 28, 2015
You can not use the 250-01-04. This is for a hydraulic operated system. Hydraulic systems utilize a small 1/4 pressure tube in place of an electric solenoid. If you are trying to replace a Toro 260, the replacement needs to be electricly operated.

Corey Wampler
Better Than Rain Irrigation
I have 1 1/4 PVC -Would this 1" valve be ok or do I need atleast 1 1/4? Do you have any of these hydraulic valves larger than 1"?
Tuckmc on Apr 3, 2012
BEST ANSWER: From what I remember from fluid dynamics in college, it would not hurt to use the 1" valve. That is not intuitive, involves Bernoulli's equations. I don't know if Toro makes a 1 1/4" valve
How TO Reset ?
Floyd B on Nov 11, 2018
BEST ANSWER: no reset open or close by handle
Can a TORO valve #250-01-04 N.O. be converted to operate electrically , so when power is applied it will close off the flow of water ?
John P on Aug 9, 2014
BEST ANSWER: Not sure why you would want to convert this one since the 250-06-04 works electrically maybe you need the normally open feature? In any case, it looks like the electric solenoid would fit in place of the pneumatic control but that is a better question for the manufacturer.
can this vavle be used with a dc solenoid?
bob h on Sep 24, 2013
BEST ANSWER: No. This is a hydraulic valve for use with a hydraulic sprinkler controler, which uses 1/4" tubing and water pressure to open and close the valve.
What is needed to activate this valve to go to the closed position? Is it the standard 24VAC?
A shopper on Jul 27, 2012
BEST ANSWER: It's hydraulic control.
Do you sell replacement plates for the hydrolic valves?
A shopper on Dec 4, 2016
Can I get the hydraulic N.O. valve without flow control?
john m on Aug 15, 2015
what is the difference between Toro 250-01-04 and 250-00-04 valves?
A shopper on Jun 16, 2012
I'm a home owner and my valve is leaking some. Anticipating a larger leak I'm looking to purchase one so that I can be prepared. I haven't cahnged one fo these before and would like some tips as to how to go about it. I'm sure there are some fine points, can you assist?
Mario P on Nov 23, 2011

We found other products you might like!

  1. Sale Price $95.53
    Our Price $148.75
    You Save 36%
  2. on sale $141.73
    you save 34%
  3. on sale $171.34
    you save 39%